autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ibrid nano issues

I didn't have to pay anything to ship mine back to Rupes USA. I called and spoke with them on the phone. They emailed me a shipping label to send it back no charge.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue here is that it would have to be a shipping label all the way from South America - I got an email back from customer support saying that they were forwarding the email to another person to take care of it...hopefully that will come through tomorrow...if they agree to take care of shipping that would be fantastic...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, nothing definitive from the people at RUPES...sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes will stand behind their products if purchased from an Authorized seller. Buying through Amazon is always a huge chance. Allot of defective products get sold with little to no resource to get satisfaction if you have a problem after the sale. I'm going to have a look at who you bought it from and see if I can help in some way..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As per amazon's guidelines I can return it and get a refund, or get it replaced - what I am trying to do is not spend $450 on shipping by the time all of this is over...I don't know if this is normal or not but I really expected things to be a little smoother when buying what I thought would be a top of the line polisher...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I also realize that the whole shipping situation has nothing to do with RUPES itself but has to do where I chose to live, however, I wouldn't have plunked down the equivalent of almost two month's salaries down here if I expected even for a minute that I would get a product that didn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fdfretes View Post
    As per amazon's guidelines I can return it and get a refund, or get it replaced - what I am trying to do is not spend $450 on shipping by the time all of this is over...I don't know if this is normal or not but I really expected things to be a little smoother when buying what I thought would be a top of the line polisher...

If you're returning it through Amazon then they too should email you a return label. Have done it many times. You shouldn't be on the hook for any shipping costs.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    If you're returning it through Amazon then they too should email you a return label. Have done it many times. You shouldn't be on the hook for any shipping costs.
    That is true, however, here is the issue: When I buy from Amazon, I have it sent to a forwarding PO box in Miami which then gets sent to me in South America. Since Amazon only shipped it from its warehouse, to Miami, that is what it is willing to cover normally...it will not cover a return all the way from South America.

On top of that, the seller's policies state that it is a self-ship situation so they give me a return label, but not a prepaid one...just an address to which I have to send it to and pay for myself.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost a week later and am still getting the run-around from the people at RUPES saying that they will contact the people in Italy to get me a 230v replacement. First they tell me that RUPES USA cannot take care of the repair, and later telling me that RUPES USA only services US spec'd machines "unless the customer resides in the US market.", which I do - I am simply not in the US right now.

So much for the superior italian engineering and so much for the fabled customer support.

Ultimately, I may be the one missing out, but I think this will be my first and last RUPES polisher unless this gets figured out pretty quickly...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I have been contacted by Dylan and it should be sorted out soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast