autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help for Rupes green pads...

I assume this may have been answered before, but my quick search did not reveal any instant answers. My apologies in advance.

I am in the Rupes camp in a big way with a Big Foot II and 75E, and I have pads and product from white to blue. BUT my 'go to' is a Rupes green pad with HD Speed. That combo works great and is fast. The trouble is the Rupes green pads are, shall we say, less than durable. And they are expensive. So...is there ANY non-Rupes options to use with HS Speed? Say a Lake Country or Meguiar's? If you, by chance, catch an edge of ANYTHING the pad begins to disintegrate. You know instantly because you can start to feel the increased vibrations. Actually, the reason I jumped into the Rupes camp over the Flex is that one reviewer, I think on one of the Autogeek forums, said he could do the roof of his truck with one hand with a Rupes. That was compared to the 'walking' comments about the Flex.

So am I stuck buying $15 to $19 pads?? It is getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help for Rupes green pads...

I'm with you on the Rupes Green pads, for me they are a one time use pad and then garbage time. I just use the Rupes yellow with any AOIs. I pretty much have dumped the blue and green Rupes pads and now use a microfiber pad for any "heavy" defects. CarPro Essence and a microfiber pad pair up well on a Rupes polisher.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

rimcarty2000 - which MF pad do you suggest?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Help for Rupes green pads...

i have used the rupes pads on my mark 2 15 never had a problem any way i have used lake country thin pads & also the force pads by lake country also used buff & shine so you can use other pads keep them clean take care of the pads change all of the pads out . i hope this helps good luck to you

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes pads are less even better when they are combined with 20% sales that happen all the time Rupes 150 mm (6 inch) Foam Pad 6 Pack or Rupes 180 mm (7 inch) Foam Pad 6 Pack