autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes mark II 21" vs 15"

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    The CarPro MF nap is much longer. I have them and like them too.

I cannot stand the Force Grey Pad. WAYYY too stiff. Really makes the 3401 very uncomfortable to use. I don't see how they would work well at all on any long throw DA. The thin grey would probably work well on an 8mm, but that's about it.
    Now this gets interesting. Alittle birdie informed me whilst the Force Grey pads are designed for forced rotation/rotary use on heavy defects they work even better on the Rupes 21 MKII due to the long throw and massive torque. If you notice Rupes Blue,UHS Grey and Green pads are stiff and coarse as long throws need this trait to cut without added user pressure. The Force Grey is exactly that and my primary requirement for it is insane correction for serious defects, nothing more.

I already know what the 21 MKII is capable of when going head to head against my PE-14 and wool, but I need one more test to complete my research to form something concrete as I base everything on fact and I can't do this without the 5.5" and 6.5" Force Grey's in my hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    If you notice Rupes Blue,UHS Grey and Green pads are stiff and coarse
    The grey pads makes these pads feel like Rupes White pads. They are extremely stiff and do not soften. Very, very small pores.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

and on the last question :
    can use BP form 15 to 21 rupes?will be problems or not to use small BP on 21 rupes?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they the same foam as the ThinPro Greys which I like. My correction style is more akin LC ThinPro Grey, GG Boss White, BnS Low-Pro Green and CarPro Flash as I work mostly on the hardest of hard German paints with deeper defects.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragan75 View Post
    and on the last question :
    can use BP form 15 to 21 rupes?will be problems or not to use small BP on 21 rupes?
    I have done exactly that and I wasn't happy as my machine had a rattling noise and vibrated. I then ordered the Kamakazi Beast bp and that allowed me to run 5.5" pads smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think im going to order Kamikaze beast and katana for my duetto 15 and 21. Better pad rotation, smoother and more agressive cut to be expected?

I did side by side test with megs, bns and rupes mf pads, i think bns won that.

There are also new American Global efc mf and foam pads coming. Also 3d products have new mf pads. Buff and Shine will introduce new pads aswell, do interesting times.

Next im going to test Flexipads/Autobrite mf pads, they should be good.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres no need for the Katana as the Beast will cover all those machines. Just buy one and swop it between them whichever machine you using at the time as they quite pricy.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Also to clarify a post of mine about the rattling after fitting the oem 5" bp to the 21, I just realised that wasn't so much the 5" bp as my machine did it with the 6" bp too. Turns out the rubber shroud was interfering with the bp even without load so using either a washer mod or petroleum jelly to reduce the friction between the shroud and bp worked. My 15 MKII has that exact same issue where the shroud rubbing causes the machine to become unbalanced and a rattle noise to develop. My 15ES never had that issue. So either washer mod the MKII's,use petroleum jelly or some sort of lubricant or invest in a pricy Kamakazi to clear the shroud.

Post Thanks / Like

waht is kamikazi bp any link ?are they sent to europe?
    i see somewhere for mark 2 say its 100 pounds aka 120 euros!!! jeusssu its half of my pay...

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone posts a link on Kamakazi this thread will be moved or deleted as witnessed previously as its not an OEM Rupes upgrade part nor is it sold on AG. If you find it too pricy just get the 5" bp and washer mod it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast