autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Lake country CCS pads

Hello all, I am a T-7 para in a wheelchair for 26 years now, I have a PC 7424 that has served me very well over the years. I have a old Dewalt orbital that I use 3M pads to do my inclosed car trailer with, but for a Para, it can be a handfull keeping under control, that is why i changed to a 7424 DA to save my shoulders and make detailing more enjoyable years ago. My question for all of you is , I have been researching better quality machines and the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto is a highly rated machine. I have a rather large collection of Lake country CCS pads ( mostly 6.5", 5.5" and 3" ), will my pad collection work with the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto ? My plan is to change the PC 7424 to a dedicated 3" machine and use the Rupes as my main buffer. With the CCS pad work well with the 12mm throw ? I did a forum search and nothing really clear came up. I would really like to stick with my CCS pad collection, they have worked extremely well for me, ( 2001 GMC black luxury van, 2010 Ford E350 daily driver, and a 582ci 70 chevelle show car ), I know how to use each pad and what limitations each have. I do not know if the hook and loop backing plate is only for "Rupes" dedicated pads, or if the CCS pads are better used with a 8mm machine, the other DA that seems highly rated is the GG6. Any info, tips or suggestions that you can give to guide me toward a quality DA that will work the best for me are greatly appreciated ! Thank you! Jay.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Lake country CCS pads

Jay, have no fear of using your ccs pads on your Duetto. I haven't had a problem with them at all. However, when I step outside the Rupes pad system I will install the "washer mod".

The hook and loop locks pretty tight, but so does my Lake Country plates.

The machine you have, the 1st gen PC is the tool I reach for more than anything else. With the advent of microfiber pad technology, and compatible, modern abrasives, There isn't much you can't do with that machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Lake country CCS pads

Dlc95 is this first person I thought of when I read this thread.

I have the Duetto as my main machine and love it. I use LC pads(Flat pads) and the loop for the pads and Rupes backing plate seem to engage well.

I have a HF DA as a back up that I'm waiting to get the new Griots Garage 3" HD backing plate for. I'm hoping this plate will be well balanced with it and run smooth.