autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I'm using it with the OEM 6" bp and no issues with eating pads. Also using it with the Kamakaze Beast MKII bp with no issues. Also purchasing my 15MKII today with Kamakaze Katana MKII bp so can report back on that. One day when you own a Rupes MKII you will understand, till then you donot have any experience with them so its just hear say from your side. Would you comment on a polish or wax that you yourself have never used or owned?

Save up...Buy a Rupes MKII, then your comments qualify or have some weight to them. Till then you just an uneducated, inexperienced talker on the subject of Rupes.
    I'm curious, why would you buy a $400+ dollar machine and then feel you need to spend $99.00 replacing the manufacturers supplied backing plate?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?

One day when you own a Rupes MKII you will understand, till then you donot have any experience with them so its just hear say from your side.
    It's not hearsay... I quoted your exact words from a previous thread.
    BTW you seem to have forgotten about how RPM_BR mentioned having issues with the Rupes 5" backing plate on the 21 MKll polisher, and how you basically came in here and flat out insulted him as if you're the supreme expert and he's just inexperienced and lacking skills + committing user error [3 times in all caps just to make sure your insults were loud and disrespectfull]

You went on insulting him, but now you're saying you don't even use the same 5" backing plate he's referring to... What happened to the "finesse"? All of a sudden you also can't achieve proper results with that same 5" backing plate on the Rupes 21 either? So much for you calling other people out for their lack of skill eh?

Btw, what hearsay are you referring to? All I said was that I'm glad I don't have to deal with the possibility of this issue with my polisher. That's my personal deal and I sure as heck have the right to speak for myself!
    Never did I imply that any percentage of Rupes owners experience that problem. I couldn't care less whether they do or not. I'm just glad I don't have that unexpected issue to deal with.

You seem to be quite agitated as if your fanboyism has been attacked or something.. I don't play that. I'm not a fanboy of anything or any brand to the point where I could get halfway angry about what other people say about a product or brand.

Save up and buy a Rupes? Why the heck would I have to save up? I could buy a handfull of Rupes polishers right now if I Needed to.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I'm curious, why would you buy a $400+ dollar machine and then feel you need to spend $99.00 replacing the manufacturers supplied backing plate?
    To see if it was worthy of the hype. Unlike others who just shoot their mouths off I actually purchase stuff and try it out for myself.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It's not hearsay... I quoted your exact words from a previous thread.
    BTW you seem to have forgotten about how RPM_BR mentioned having issues with the Rupes 5" backing plate on the 21 MKll polisher, and how you basically came in here and flat out insulted him as if you're the supreme expert and he's just inexperienced and lacking skills + committing user error [3 times in all caps just to make sure your insults were loud and disrespectfull]

You went on insulting him, but now you're saying you don't even use the same 5" backing plate he's referring to... What happened to the "finesse"? All of a sudden you also can't achieve proper results with that same 5" backing plate on the Rupes 21 either? So much for you calling other people out for their lack of skill eh?

Btw, what hearsay are you referring to? All I said was that I'm glad I don't have to deal with the possibility of this issue with my polisher. That's my personal deal and I sure as heck have the right to speak for myself!
    Never did I imply that any percentage of Rupes owners experience that problem. I couldn't care less whether they do or not. I'm just glad I don't have that unexpected issue to deal with.

You seem to be quite agitated as if your fanboyism has been attacked or something.. I don't play that. I'm not a fanboy of anything or any brand to the point where I could get halfway angry about what other people say about a product or brand.

Save up and buy a Rupes? Why the heck would I have to save up? I could buy a handfull of Rupes polishers right now if I Needed to.
    The OEM stock 5" bp is a no go on the 21, been there done that. The std 6" bp works just fine as does the Kamakaze.

Post Thanks / Like

21 Mark II with 5 inch BP?

The OEM stock 5" bp is a no go on the 21, been there done that. The std 6" bp works just fine as does the Kamakaze.
    That's fine and understandable. Just sayin because RPM_PM was describing that exact setup, [of using the 5" plate on the 21] and you basically trashed him as if he knows nothing at all about what he does...

You usually offer quality, friendly advice on here. That's why it sort of seemed kinda harsh at the time. Hope everything is good.👍🏽

Post Thanks / Like

Errr, I try to keep my posts as short as possible, since I'm not a native language speaker, and I worry being misunderstood due my lack of proper knowledge of english language.
    What I stated in my previous post is my personal experience with it. I don't write hearsay or anything like that, since the AGO standards are really high, you'll end up being treated like a fool in front of the whole detailing world.
    Years ago, when I bought the ES21, I got along the 5in plate, because I like working with 6in pads. I still use 5in plate on my 21ES, since I don't have a Rupes 15 yet. But I work with a lot of caution.
    Maybe the term 'pad eater' was too strong, it was a simplification, and as all simplifications, it can be misunderstood.
    I would say, instead of eating pads, a tendency of wearing pads (a lot) faster.
    Closed cell pads, IMHO, is a no go, and mf pads with thicker foam interface is no go as well. Meguiar's mf pads works nice, but I always have problem with velcro wearing in the long run. Rupes was right, IMHO, in choosing open cell foams for his line of pads.
    If you work with dedicated 5in Rupes pads on a 21, you can get away with it, but the pad and velcro wear will increase considerably.
    I'm an old guy, 51yrs, old, being working with pro detail since 1999. I raised two kids with it. I saw the evolution of compounds, polishers, pads, bought my first DA (Porter Cable) back in 2004. I still have it, fine machine, the grandpa of all DAs.
    I'm thinking about quitting detailing, since I have a busted right shoulder from years of polishing panels, I live on painkillers. Also a back problem. It is a hard profession on your body.
    My friend Zubair, if he tried to insult me, none taken, you think whatever you want, mate, and you are also free to insult me if you wish.
    My dad used to say, in a free translation 'the dogs bark while the caravan goes through'', which I always comes to my mind every time I'm in a situation like that.
    As you grow older, and gain experience, you discover that you know very little about what you previously thought you knew a lot about it, hence the masters are humble; if you meet Mike Phillips, for instance, as I had the honor to do so, you would know how humble he is and how much humbleness is required in this field (or any field). The Jesus paradox, I would say, the most evolved person who ever lived in this world was the most humble.
    What I like about AGO is the high standards found here, the politeness and decency, it doesn't matter where you come from, as long as you keep detailing oriented, we all try to help each other, without patronizing nor condescending anybody. Whoever doesn't fit this rule, ends up being banned or not taking into account.

custmsprty, thanks
    Eldorado2k, thanks for standing for me, I really appreciated.
    refreshauto, I use higher than 3, usually 4, 4 1/2

Best regards

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

@RPM_BR, none of my responses were targeted at you , but a general response to those that don't own MKII's commenting on speeds above 4 being unusable or those using too much pressure. If I were targeting your statement I would have quoted you. I didn't find anything you said out of place just so you know. All's good no harm no foul.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have 21 mk2 and have used it with Ruoes 5" wirhout problems, only megs mf pads tends to get hot, but not other pads i have used. My 15 mk2 have bewn collecting dust lately since i also jave Duetto and Mini. Im probably going to get Kevin Brown custom modded 6" plate or mod ot myself since it has more cooling holes. But yes 21 mk2 with 5" is totally doable.

Edit: instead of megs u now use Rupes mf pads and on my 21 mk2 and itos a cutting beast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123