autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question UHS OK on Plastic?

I ordered some UHS polish and pads and was wondering how it would do on plastic? Specifically, the headlights on my Tundra. Normally I polish them as a separate step using Griots plastic polish. But if UHS can handle plastic without hazing it would save me some time and an extra step.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UHS OK on Plastic?

I've had a lot of success with UHS on headlights - the only issue I've encountered is if the speed is too high the surface can get hazy, but thats more to do with the pad than the compound. You should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dylan! I tried UHS on my headlights and they came out looking brand new. Honestly, UHS did as good or better than dedicated plastic polishes l've used.

Now, if I can just perfect my technique to minimize product sling l see myself using UHS a lot. Seems like the product likes to migrate towards the pad edges then sling. After the pad gets several minutes of use the slinging stops. Any tips on preventing or minimizing this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTCarNut View Post
    Thanks Dylan! I tried UHS on my headlights and they came out looking brand new. Honestly, UHS did as good or better than dedicated plastic polishes l've used.

Now, if I can just perfect my technique to minimize product sling l see myself using UHS a lot. Seems like the product likes to migrate towards the pad edges then sling. After the pad gets several minutes of use the slinging stops. Any tips on preventing or minimizing this?
    From Todd's write up. You will be glad you read this as it will make your life easier

Ferrari Daytona vs. Mk II BigFoot!

After the initial compounding step was carried out, I switched to RUPES UHS Easy Gloss Compound and the UHS Foam Pad to refine the haze. Note: This haze likely wouldn’t have been present if I hadn’t used the water to amp the cutting power.

Start with 6 drops of product on the outer third of the pad and run for 30 seconds using firm pressure. Afterwards, use only 2 drops of UHS to reload the pad and run at speed 4-6 using light pressure for maximum effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and the link. That was an incredible job on that Daytona.