autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pads for sealant lhr15

Hi guys . I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on my lhr15. I have not yet decided if I will get a mark2 or legacy tool yet as I'm not detailing for dollars and have no desire too ,I work too much at my regular job lol. I will just be maintaining my truck and the wifes car .

Question is what pads do I use for applying a sealant ? I know I want a soft 0 cut pad but not being a professional I'm not in the know as to which ones are best . I really wish rupes made a sealant pad it would make things so much easier for me. I plan on using the rupes system . Thanks In advance guys cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pads for sealant lhr15

I use the white Rupes pad.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ correct - if looking at a pad from our line the white one would be your solution.

Also, if you want to jump into RUPES with both feet have a look at our spray on / wipe off sealant. No pad needed

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is a spray on car wax that protects and shines all hard exterior surfaces

Post Thanks / Like

Is the white pad a 0 cut pad Dylan? I'm interested in your sealant unfortunately my local supplier here in town does not carry it . He has every other rupes item and just about every sealant on the planet but not 808

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by postaltwo View Post
    Is the white pad a 0 cut pad Dylan? I'm interested in your sealant unfortunately my local supplier here in town does not carry it . He has every other rupes item and just about every sealant on the planet but not 808
    White Finishing Foam Pad
    This pad is the fourth and final step in the Rupes Big Foot Polishing System. The White Finishing Foam Pad is exceptionally soft in its construction and was designed to be used with Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish to maximize gloss and clarity before applying a wax or sealant. The White Finishing Foam Pad will finish flawlessly on any paint system when used with a high quality polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    White Finishing Foam Pad
    This pad is the fourth and final step in the Rupes Big Foot Polishing System. The White Finishing Foam Pad is exceptionally soft in its construction and was designed to be used with Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish to maximize gloss and clarity before applying a wax or sealant. The White Finishing Foam Pad will finish flawlessly on any paint system when used with a high quality polish.
    This leads me to believe there is at least some cut. If rupes does not have a 0 cut pad I'm looking to buy that 1 pad outside of the rupes line .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    ^^ correct - if looking at a pad from our line the white one would be your solution.

Also, if you want to jump into RUPES with both feet have a look at our spray on / wipe off sealant. No pad needed

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is a spray on car wax that protects and shines all hard exterior surfaces
    This is what I did.

Now I need to find a source for the Rupes microfiber towels. Those towels are great!

Post Thanks / Like

This leads me to believe there is at least some cut. If rupes does not have a 0 cut pad I'm looking to buy that 1 pad outside of the rupes line .
    The white pad is super soft and smooth.

It has a similar density to the Lake Country Crimson Hydrotech pad, which is designed to apply waxes and sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

This leads me to believe there is at
    least some cut. If rupes does not
    have a 0 cut pad I'm looking to buy
    that 1 pad outside of the rupes line .

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The white pad is super soft and smooth.

It has a similar density to the Lake Country Crimson Hydrotech pad, which is designed to apply waxes and sealants.
    ^^^ ^^^

I applied FK1000P (a Sealant) using
    Griot's Garage 3" Polisher (speed 3)...
    with the RUPES 4" White Foam
    Finishing pad(s)...the same set-up
    that Mr. Phillips used to apply the
    Pinnacle Black Label Synergy, as
    detailed in the below posting:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    If you're still applying waxes and sealants by hand... get a Griot's 3" Mini Polisher and call it your Wax Machine.

I can't even remember the last time I applied a wax or sealant by hand, the only time I work by hand now is applying coatings and if I could machine apply a coating I would.

There was a whole lot of polishing work performed after using the Nanoskin pads on this paint. Frank aka FrankS actually gave me a hand with the compounding and polishing yesterday and after that we machine waxed the roof and called it a day.

I came in this morning and machine waxed the entire car, including waxing the roof a second time.

I used Pinnacle Black Label Synergy for my LSP and applied it using a Rupes 4" White Foam Finishing pad on the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher on speed setting 3-4.

Time to wipe off the wax....

If it's good enough for Mike,
    that means it's good enough for me!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I reviewed Mike's Rupes how to book, and he mantioned that the white pad has zero cut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast