autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes MKII 15 - Considering Purchasing - will GG BOSS pads work with it?

I love the white Boss pads on my Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rupes 7" pads are too big and bulky, IMO
    '03 Corvette Z06

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Rupes pad I like is the yellow.

I actually love it.

The rupes foam cutting pads, not for me. Can't get used to them no matter how hard I try.

Very stiff and very odd to manipulate in curvy tricky areas. I can out cut a Rupes cutting foam pad with a yellow pad on a tricky curved panel.

Also the rupes foam cutting pads are strictly designed for their polishes and systems, due to their unique open cell technology.

Other polishes can cause the pad to blow up and deteriorate at a faster pace. With the yellow rupes pad that is not the case, you can pretty much use any polish with no issues as I have been using the yellow rupes pad for years.

Give me boss microfiber cutting pads, megs microfiber cutting pads. Yellow rupes pad, boss correcting and perfecting and I can get anything done.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, you will be fine. I use them all the time on my Rupes 21 MkII. Let us know how you like them!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post

I actually love it.

The rupes foam cutting pads, not for me. Can't get used to them no matter how hard I try.

Very stiff and very odd to manipulate in curvy tricky areas. I can out cut a Rupes cutting foam pad with a yellow pad on a tricky curved panel.

Also the rupes foam cutting pads are strictly designed for their polishes and systems, due to their unique open cell technology.

Other polishes can cause the pad to blow up and deteriorate at a faster pace. With the yellow rupes pad that is not the case, you can pretty much use any polish with no issues as I have been using the yellow rupes pad for years.

Give me boss microfiber cutting pads, megs microfiber cutting pads. Yellow rupes pad, boss correcting and perfecting and I can get anything done.
    Right on Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I ordered my Rupes LHR MKII tonight. Danielle at AG was very helpful.
    Also waiting for a new G15 from GG... (sadly my G15 met it's demise during a detail last Sat...)
    But the folks at GG are quick to help and should have one out to me next week (I hope!!!) :-)

With the investment in BOSS pads, in addition the gazillion LC CCS pads I have, I couldn't see needing to purchase yet another pad.

Everyone has been kind and helpful!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread. It's always a pleasure to see unbiased, honest feedback involving both machines and which techniques and combos we've found to work great.👍🏽

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post

I actually love it.

I agree with you on the Rupes pads being stiff especially on curved surfaces.

Meguiar's polishes work fine on the Rupes pads. I used them with no issues. Others that contain high solvents can cause issues with them like Menzerna FG400. But you are correct that the pads were designed around the Rupes polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Any water based polish will work just fine with Rupes pads.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I agree with you on the Rupes pads being stiff especially on curved surfaces.

Meguiar's polishes work fine on the Rupes pads. I used them with no issues. Others that contain high solvents can cause issues with them like Menzerna FG400. But you are correct that the pads were designed around the Rupes polishes.
    FG400 is more so water based, not high in solvents.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast