autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Rupes Micro Fiber pad fly off

Finally I had visit local HQ rupes today. Again we had test the pad on my machine and HQ machine, both of them didn't grab. So the officer open a new in box spare part to test on, it's a grey backing plate. To everyone surprise, the spare part backing plate have a super tight grabbing that require lots of pulling effort to remove pad off.

Now I return home happy with a new grabby backing plate, and my old backing plate might take vacation back to Italy for inspection. For anyone information my trouble backing plate have ended code as B16 and the new one is C14.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the code? Theres nothing to identify on my grey backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Zubair, take the pad out and see it on the back. There is full code and end up with the last 3 characters

Post Thanks / Like

I have a chance to try the new backing plate with MF pad today. With one 2x2 section, MF fly off from backing plate again. All the grip gone with just only one section...

Rupes, you have serious problem with this grey backing plate...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    I have a chance to try the new backing plate with MF pad today. With one 2x2 section, MF fly off from backing plate again. All the grip gone with just only one section...

Rupes, you have serious problem with this grey backing plate...
    The one you got on 8/20, that was super grabby?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's super grabby at first but with only one 2x2 section all those grabby gone...

Now it's grabbing ability is down to the same as the first one with only one trunk polishing....

Post Thanks / Like

There are only a few ways to reduce the grip of a backing plate like this:

The hooks become clogged with a fiber from the loops being too soft/delicate or the plate is heated up, warping the structure of the hooks and causing them to lose their ability to grab the loops.

If it happens repeatedly I'd suspect maybe a technique issue - excessive pressure or running the tool wide open which ends up causing a high heat situations.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my Yellow foam pads finally gave up the ghost after a 13 months of use. The foam is fine, but it endured both heavy pressure from when I first got it, and being run at speed 6 when my old shroud was worn out.

I'm beginning to think there is a bit more of a learning curve than is precieved.

I'm still playing with the amount of polish needed to reload a microfiber pad, and it's way, WAY less than i imagined.

Even with the PC, I might use moderate pressure at most, but that is much more than the Rupes requires.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan, I am not novices with Rupes. I am very familiar with it, none of my Rupes foam ever have problem, my foam that being use with Duetto for over a year is still in it great form. I am sure that it's nothing about technique. I have trained and having my Rupes certificate, I have my MKII marking to ensure it keep on spinning and never stall. I also putting no pressure because it's not need for Rupes, all avid Rupes user knowing that we use machin to correct, not our power as normal DA does.

Lastly there is no way in this world that new backing plate will melt within first 3 minutes of using, pressure or not is irrelevant here unless they are bad quality products. Sometime you need to admit the design false that could always happen and just correct it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not doubting your problem, but if this were a wide-spread issue with Rupes pads you would think we would be hearing about it on this forum and others. Yours is the first time I've heard the complaint of a pad failing within minutes of first use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast