autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Pads & Size on the BigFoot LHR 21 Mark II ?

Mike thank you a bunch. I value your opinion greatly, as well as those that posted in here. I'll definitely purchase the Rupes brand pads to go with it.

Wanted to also say thank you on getting my order shipped to me in such a timely fashion. I'm a firm believer in AutoGeek now. 100%.

Thank you a bunch good sir! It's awesome to hear from "the man" himself, Mike Phillips.

Have a great weekend, and I'll be placing another order shortly to get the quantity of pads I'll be needing. What came in my kit is definitely enough to get me going with this system, but of course additional will have to be bought!

-Matt
    Twisted Auto Detail
    Oklahoma City, OK. Mobile Detailing for the OKC Metro Area. 702-538-1848
    www.facebook.com/TwistedAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

Load up when they have sales
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rupes 21mkii and while I do have all the Rupes pads, I find that I do like the the lake country HD orbitals and well the the thinpro pads and the occasional meguiars microfiber pad. I only use the mark21 with 6.5-7 inch pads. If I need smaller I also have a g21 set up with a 5 inch backing plate so I can use 5.5-6 inch pads. All of the same ones listed. However, I do use the BOSS microfiber pads on the G21.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Rupes pads on my Rupes machines. The lack of durability of the green pad has been well documented, so take it easy on the greens and don't get them too hot. I like to use Meguires microfiber pads on my Rupes especially when using CarPro Essence. Only use Rupes polishes with Rupes pads. The solvents in some polishes (Menzerma) will cause Rupes pads to delaminate. YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Buff and shine uro tech pads are very similar to rupes pads, I can't tell the difference ( but I am not a pro). Look for a 12 pack and save big when buff ans shine go on sale. I can only comment on the yellow and white because I have yet to do any heavy cutting with my rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

When I got my Rupes, I started with the Zephir (blue), and Keramik (yellow) gels and foam pads. I already had their microfiber pads on hand and was already using them with my other tools and products.

Post Thanks / Like

The boss microfibers work great on the Rupes.

Meguiar's polishes and compounds work with the Rupes pads. I would recommend picking up the Rupes polishes as well including the UHS system.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    This topic comes up often enough, usually it's about using the RUPES polishers with non RUPES pads AND non RUPES products and my recommendation follows along the line of the title of my RUPES how-to book,

Note the title isn't how to use the RUPES polishers... It's how to use the RUPES Paint Polishing System

That is, RUPES is a system, not a tool. If you decide to go RUPES then go big and get the entire system.

Why?

Because the system works. That's a fact. Once you become an expert with their system then start experimenting with non RUPES pads and products and then IF you have success more power to you. If however you run into problems, you know how to recover and that's to get back to the system.

My 2 cents for what it's worth...

Congrats on the new tool.

Hello Mike,

I bought a LHR15MKII with a few pads thinking It would work great with my current line of compound and polishes. I could never achieve the results that everyone are bragging about. The blue pad would leave some swirls and the yellow pad wouldn't buff them out. Tried different techniques, pressure without success. Very frustrating to say the least. Then I decided to give the Rupes compound and polish a try. Oh boy what a difference. Instant result without even trying.

I don't have enough experience with different pad/polish combo but if you're looking for a no-brainer solution, the Rupes system works very well.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

My fav pad in the world now are Rupes yellow pads with Keramik. I can literally do a one step on my car and not even finish with the white pad it's that good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    My fav pad in the world now are Rupes yellow pads with Keramik. I can literally do a one step on my car and not even finish with the white pad it's that good
    Here is a 50/50 of a 34 Ford I used that combo on. The level of gloss I get from Keramik on yellow pads is ridiculous!

For even more defect removal, I use their yellow microfiber pads. Love them. Love everything about that system....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite Pads & Size on the BigFoot LHR 21 Mark II ?-1471400079732-jpg  

11. Likes PM5C liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast