autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

Since it seems to continue to be a point of confusion for people here on AGO I am creating this thread in the hopes people will seek it out when there are issues.

In March of 2015 RUPES SpA of Milan, Italy acquired Cyclo Toolmakers of Longmont, Colorado. The result was the formation of a wholly owned subsidiary to be known as RUPES USA, Inc. This operation serves as the entire sales, service, marketing, distribution, repair and even some manufacturing for RUPES in North America. In January of 2018 our offices in Longmont, Colorado were relocated to a new, state-of-the-art facility in Louisville, Colorado (just about 30 minutes north of Denver). This location houses a full staff of customer service, marketing, sales, training, and manufacturing team members here to provide support for our customers.

If you ever experience an issue with a RUPES product please contact us directly so that we can provide you the support that our customers have come to expect from RUPES. Our team members are not active daily on this forum so if you have a concern, need assistance, or have questions please see the information below. While we do check in from time to time here at AGO, it isn’t daily and we may not see posts or PM’s sent to representative here.

The information below pertains to customers in the USA and Canada. For any information or support outside of North America please visit the global site www.rupes.com

Our US headquarters is open Monday thru Friday from 8am – 4pm MST (excluding holidays)

Phone: 970-535-0100 or Toll Free 877-224-5750
    General Email: info@rupesusa.com
    Online: www.rupesusa.com

Need a repair? Warranty and non-warranty repairs are handled for North American customers at our Colorado facility. RUPES USA provides prepaid return labels for all repairs within the continental USA – simply fill out the form at www.rupesusa.com/repairs

At that link you can find information on our warranty coverage as well as our flat rate repair program that covers most common repairs, even for tools outside of warranty, and includes shipping for one low price!

Want to do the repair yourself? RUPES USA offers OEM parts for purchase if you have a simple repair or are capable of doing the work yourself. Visit www.rupesusa.com/parts-suppport

Need technical assistance or have a general question? Visit www.rupesusa.com/faq for a library of technical bulletins, tips, tricks, and training resources to answer commonly asked questions.

If you can’t find your answer there please visit www.rupesusa.com/contact-us and submit your question. Our customer service team will route your inquiry to the correct department for assistance.

Connect with RUPES USA:

Facebook.com/rupesusa
    Instagram @rupesusa

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

So, I just got a Rupes 21 Mark II. I used it for 5 minutes with a nanoskin fine clay pad, turned it off for a couple minutes to add more lubrication to a spot, and when I tried to use it again it wouldn't turn on.

Next day it turns on again, but I'm not sure if it's working properly. With the polisher in the air, I turn it on, and it sounds as though it initially accelerates to a higher speed than it levels off at, and then it continues to work at that slightly lower speed. So, it accelerates but then slows down a bit and stays there. This happens at all speeds (1-6). Is this normal, and how it should start, and I just haven't payed enough attention the very first time I turned it on to hear it slowing down?

I just don't want to set up everything to work on the car only to have it stop working on me again or not work properly.

Also, at what speeds should I use the nanoskin claying pads? (I was using it at 2.5-3).

Post Thanks / Like

Also, out of the box the machine had some washed out spots of white residue on the plastic, meaning it didn't have a flawless, shiny black plastic look that I would expect a new machine to have. Of course it's not thAt important, and my husband laughed at my disappointment reminding me that it's not a kitchen aid mixer to be shiny, but still... it's always nice for new toys to actually look new and flawless, if only for the first couple of moments out of the box.

Post Thanks / Like

See above post by Dylan, that would be a great place to start.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Marina - replied to your PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Had an issue with my 2" iBrid backing plate. 1 email to Erin at Rupes customer service and my issue was immediately resolved. 2 days later not only did my backing plate arrrive, but she also sent me one of each size! Aaaaand, 2 sleeves of polishing pads, both 1" and 2". NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

7. Likes Digital Gremlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The cosmetic issue on my Rupes couldn't be resolved since I already used it for those first 5 minutes that it was working . Hopefully, it at least won't have any future problems now that it's turning back on again. Hoping to use it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    The cosmetic issue on my Rupes couldn't be resolved since I already used it for those first 5 minutes that it was working . Hopefully, it at least won't have any future problems now that it's turning back on again. Hoping to use it this weekend.
    Marina - its covered by a 1 year warranty against manufactures defects regardless of how much use, however a cosmetic issue (you said smudges on the body in your first message) without documentation of it is hard to do much with. If you have pictures of it please feel free to PM them to me or email them to me dylanv@rupesusa.com

As this thread is intended as a general announcement lets try not to clutter it up with individual/specific issues that could be resolved elsewhere. Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a Rupes LHR15ES a little over a year ago used it for one paint correction and stored it in my garage cabinet, only to find that it would not work today for the 2nd use i was going to use it for, no start no anything on several different plugs, for 300$ i am pretty disappointed, considering i had a shitty Dewalt rotary and porter cable that lasted for years and years with ultra abuse

11. Likes kalvintong liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Todd & Dylan
    I’m have a Rupes mark II 15mm with 125mm backing Plate. But I want to change 150mm backing plate use for 3M trizact P3000 -P5000. It ok?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast