autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes for pads and polish

Hi guys. I'm so confused. which one do you use with rupes (pad and polish). i'm using menzerna for my rotary machine. Is Menzerna efficient with rupes and rupes pads. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes for pads and polish

Quote Originally Posted by gecceanduana View Post
    Hi guys. I'm so confused. which one do you use with rupes (pad and polish). i'm using menzerna for my rotary machine. Is Menzerna efficient with rupes and rupes pads. thank you
    Menzerna polishes will work well with Rupes pads. Always do a test spot too see which combination of pad and polish works best on your paint.

3. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes gecceanduana, rstark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerma polishes will ruin Rupes pads. The solvents that Menzerma uses are not compatible with the glue that Rupes uses and will cause pads to delaminate. I got this info from Rupes. This may apply to other polishes as well. My information is a few years old. Rupes rep said they did not test every polish on the market with their pads and they only recommend Rupes polishes with their pads. I believe Rupes polishes are water based.

5. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes gecceanduana, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Menzerma polishes will ruin Rupes pads.
    This is my real problem. i read this for fg400 and rupes green pads. what do you think, is it valid for all? (2500-3800)

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecceanduana View Post
    This is my real problem. i read this for fg400 and rupes green pads. what do you think, is it valid for all? (2500-3800)
    The HC400 is naptha based. From pf2500 and up they are white mineral oil(petroleum) based. Don't know how much of impact they have on the glue on the Rupes pads. But in the long run it can be that the pads don't hold up so great. And there alot of other polishes that is solvent based. Most of the AIO for an example has that based. Maybe the new Sonax pads could be an option to try.

9. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, gecceanduana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The green pad is the one I have the most problems with. They just don’t hold up for me very well. I use FG 400 with Megs Microfiber Cutting Pads and Menz 3500 on Rupes yellow even though I know I am not going to get any longetivity. I just like the combo so much I’m willing to buy more pads. One of the best Rupes pads that is probably the least used is the grey UHS pad paired with the UHS polish, it cuts and polishes in one step.

11. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, dlc95, gecceanduana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerma polishes will ruin Rupes pads. The solvents that Menzerma uses are not compatible with the glue that Rupes uses and will cause pads to delaminate. I got this info from Rupes. This may apply to other polishes as well. My information is a few years old. Rupes rep said they did not test every polish on the market with their pads and they only recommend Rupes polishes with their pads. I believe Rupes polishes are water based.
    I don't over saturate with polish and I change out my pads often and never had a delamination problem.

13. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, gecceanduana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The green pad is the one I have the most problems with. They just don’t hold up for me very well. I use FG 400 with Megs Microfiber Cutting Pads and Menz 3500 on Rupes yellow even though I know I am not going to get any longetivity. I just like the combo so much I’m willing to buy more pads. One of the best Rupes pads that is probably the least used is the grey UHS pad paired with the UHS polish, it cuts and polishes in one step.
    I agree that the green pads are not very durable, but I love the cut. The yellow seems to last longer.

15. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes rlmccarty2000, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I agree that the green pads are not very durable, but I love the cut. The yellow seems to last longer.
    The Rupes yellow is my all time favorite pad.

17. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah many has the longevity problem with the green rupes pad. To get them to hold up the longest the primeing that Rupes recommend to do is very important. The part where you apply the polish on the pad and start the polisher on the paint and hold it there for about IIRC 25-30 seconds. And as I read it somewhere it's most for the green and blue pads it's most important. It's to get them soften up a bit I think. The use of a solvent based polish is more to the glue and not the foam it self. And if take the precaution as rsurfer noted I don't think you are going to have a big problem with the velcro and foam delaminates to soon. Just be aware of it when you have used them alot that it could happen and why it's happens.

19. Thanks gecceanduana thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer, dlc95, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast