autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Senior Member dlc95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Mi
    Posts
    5,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Update: Rupes repaired my machine free of charge. I don't know why, but can only assume that once they say it and realized that it was practically brand new with little use that they decided to fix it under warranty. I did not question them and happy to have my machine back working. They replaced the brushes, modules, cord and a few other smaller things. They even gave me a cool little Rupes Bigfoot key chain.
    Good to hear!

  2. #52
    Senior Member rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA
    Posts
    1,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Update: Rupes repaired my machine free of charge. I don't know why, but can only assume that once they saw it and realized that it was practically brand new with little use that they decided to fix it under warranty. I did not question them and happy to have my machine back working. They replaced the brushes, modules, cord and a few other smaller things. They even gave me a cool little Rupes Bigfoot key chain.
    Again Rupes has excellent customer service! Thank you for the follow up.

  3. #53
    Junior Member braga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Hello, not a problem, but I'm not able to remove stains from Yellow foam pads, it is normal? I was using Keramik polish, cleaning with warm water and using Claw brush to remove residue.

  4. #54
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    6,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by braga View Post
    Hello, not a problem, but I'm not able to remove stains from Yellow foam pads, it is normal? I was using Keramik polish, cleaning with warm water and using Claw brush to remove residue.
    It’s normal for the dye in the polish to stain the pads.

  5. Thanks braga thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
  6. #55
    Junior Member braga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    The pad is ruined? Used it for a few days, I have five blue foam pads and this one looks not healthy, other 4 just lost roughness and they are softer comparing to a brand new pad. Is it normal? Was using Menzerna HC400, cleaning during polishing with Claw tool, maybe should I use "clean of the fly" method, with terrycloth.
    BTW yellow pads looks and feels fine, just stains from keramik polish.
    Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?-e7305196208165fdeb08f1aa3dcfd921-jpg

  7. #56
    Senior Member dlc95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Mi
    Posts
    5,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by braga View Post
    The pad is ruined? Used it for a few days, I have five blue foam pads and this one looks not healthy, other 4 just lost roughness and they are softer comparing to a brand new pad. Is it normal? Was using Menzerna HC400, cleaning during polishing with Claw tool, maybe should I use "clean of the fly" method, with terrycloth.
    BTW yellow pads looks and feels fine, just stains from keramik polish.
    Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?-e7305196208165fdeb08f1aa3dcfd921-jpg
    Nope, looks like normal wear.

    I'll use the claw tool to knock off the product residue build up. Using a terry cloth towel would be really inefficient for those pads. It might hasten their wear, and you might end up with cloth fibers in the pad, and pad particles in the cloth.

    The HCC 400 might be effecting the foam a bit on the previously used pads. I've done a few test spots with 400 on those blue pads, but it wasn't enough to see if it had an adverse reaction on the foam.

    If you ever get a chance to try Zephir Gloss Coarse Compound It's well worth it. Cuts more, finishes similar, definitely compatible with the Rupes foams, and smells really good. It even works great with my Porter Cable and trusted green Buff and Shine pads. Just tried it last week, and was really impressed with It's ability to out cut.

  8. Thanks braga thanked for this post
  9. #57
    Junior Member braga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Nope, looks like normal wear.

    I'll use the claw tool to knock off the product residue build up. Using a terry cloth towel would be really inefficient for those pads. It might hasten their wear, and you might end up with cloth fibers in the pad, and pad particles in the cloth.

    The HCC 400 might be effecting the foam a bit on the previously used pads. I've done a few test spots with 400 on those blue pads, but it wasn't enough to see if it had an adverse reaction on the foam.

    If you ever get a chance to try Zephir Gloss Coarse Compound It's well worth it. Cuts more, finishes similar, definitely compatible with the Rupes foams, and smells really good. It even works great with my Porter Cable and trusted green Buff and Shine pads. Just tried it last week, and was really impressed with It's ability to out cut.
    Thank you a lot! I can't get Zephir Compound in 250ml, I have some Quarz Compound, will try it on the blue foam.
    BTW, I'm in love with yellow foam pads, finishes really well, looks very durable to me.

  10. #58
    Senior Member dlc95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Mi
    Posts
    5,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

    Quote Originally Posted by braga View Post
    Thank you a lot! I can't get Zephir Compound in 250ml, I have some Quarz Compound, will try it on the blue foam.
    BTW, I'm in love with yellow foam pads, finishes really well, looks very durable to me.
    No problem.

    Yeah give the Quarz a shot. It's very good at general defect removal with the green pad, and it finishes very well too. I haven't yet tried the Quarz with the blue foam, but it should boost the cut.

    Quarz also works well in a "one step" scenario especially on the yellow pads.

    The yellow foam is really versatile and effective.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher vs FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher - A questions I get asked a lot by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2018, 08:00 AM
  2. Rupes polisher, Rupes pads, non Rupes polish
    By joleyred in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2018, 10:18 PM
  3. rupes pads on non-rupes polisher?
    By JCDetails in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 07:51 PM
  4. How do I prime a Rupes Foam Pad on a Rupes Polisher?
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2017, 11:26 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 10:08 AM

Members who have read this thread: 19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» July 2020

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1