autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTB155 View Post

Almost past month and half and no one from Rupes answer about this "issue" nor here nor on few emails I sent to them.
    Also they did not give an answer to distributor.
    Great machines, great products but terrible customer service.
    I was thinking upon opening USA market that customer service will be better but it is as terrible as before.

Post Thanks / Like

Who did you buy them from? If you are not happy with the purchase return them to the seller for a refund and let the seller deal with Rupes. Rupes doesn’t have your money, the selller does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Who did you buy them from? If you are not happy with the purchase return them to the seller for a refund and let the seller deal with Rupes. Rupes doesn’t have your money, the selller does.

It is not about money in the first place.
    Seller is very respinsible one, I buy from him years ago, and he done all he can.
    Only problem is that it is from abroad and return shipping cost is not worth to send them back to him.
    He told that he will gladly send new ones to me, but main problem is that his stock pads are the same as ones I already have.
    Once again, this is not anything against Rupes, no intention to offend them in any way but still if you have your own thread over Internet forums, throw your eyes from time to time.
    If you have public visible email for customer support be so kind to answer to email.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARTB155 View Post
    It is not about money in the first place.
    Seller is very respinsible one, I buy from him years ago, and he done all he can.
    Only problem is that it is from abroad and return shipping cost is not worth to send them back to him.
    He told that he will gladly send new ones to me, but main problem is that his stock pads are the same as ones I already have.
    Once again, this is not anything against Rupes, no intention to offend them in any way but still if you have your own thread over Internet forums, throw your eyes from time to time.
    If you have public visible email for customer support be so kind to answer to email.
    Dylan has mentioned many times that he is not active on the forum. Forget Todd on being active at all. They have full time responsibilities with their actual jobs at Rupes and I am sure checking the forum is the least of their worries. They are more reachable on social media. If you did not get a response it is possible that your email ended up in their junk folder. You could try calling the number as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My Rupes 21 was DOA today and put me between a rock and hard place. Fortunately, I have 2 older Porter Cable machine (glad I did not sell them now) that fired right up, so I will be able to complete the job today, albeit with some shaky hands. Sad though as the PCs are older than my Rupes and was 1/4 the cost. I literally, maybe used the Rupes 4-6 times. Do we need to baby these machines and store them in warm places so they don't die on us. I will definitely turn my attention towards the Flex machine now. After today, I will definitely keep those PCs since they keep going and going and going.

Note: I am a DIYer and don't do this for business. Maybe the Rupes needs to be hammered daily to stay alive.

I've sent Dylan an email and will report back my experience with Rupes customer service. I will always give a company a chance to make it right as I now stuff happens.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    My Rupes 21 was DOA today and put me between a rock and hard place. Fortunately, I have 2 older Porter Cable machine (glad I did not sell them now) that fired right up, so I will be able to complete the job today, albeit with some shaky hands. Sad though as the PCs are older than my Rupes and was 1/4 the cost. I literally, maybe used the Rupes 4-6 times. Do we need to baby these machines and store them in warm places so they don't die on us. I will definitely turn my attention towards the Flex machine now. After today, I will definitely keep those PCs since they keep going and going and going.

Note: I am a DIYer and don't do this for business. Maybe the Rupes needs to be hammered daily to stay alive.

I've sent Dylan an email and will report back my experience with Rupes customer service. I will always give a company a chance to make it right as I now stuff happens.
    Update: I am going to send the unit to Rupes to be fixed. I really like the machine and need it fixed, but still not happy that it quit with only very mild usage. I am still going to purchase the Makita DA though because after this I need a 2nd DA. All indications points to the electronic module as the culprit. The unit will start every now and then and then shut off, but once I do get it running, it modulates when at setting 4-6 for awhile and then stops and then makes a humming sound. After checking the price of the parts, it's far cheaper to just send to Rupes to be fixed under the flat rate repair program, plus you get other items replaced, inspected and it includes shipping both ways, which is a deal breaker.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like these machines have a high % of failures.
    I was one of the very first to own a LHR15ES, I had used it handful of times. And it has been sitting inside the Rupes bag for probably 3 years without being turned on.

But i do recall there were times that the machine would not come on, and by repeatedly squeezing the trigger would get it to come on usually.

Pulled it out this weekend to prep for my first in many years of being retired, the darn machine just wouldn't come on at all!

Well aware i am way out of warranty, but seems like a lot of people experienced similar issue, geez this sounds like it could use a RECALL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionDetail View Post
    Looks like these machines have a high % of failures.
    I was one of the very first to own a LHR15ES, I had used it handful of times. And it has been sitting inside the Rupes bag for probably 3 years without being turned on.

But i do recall there were times that the machine would not come on, and by repeatedly squeezing the trigger would get it to come on usually.

Pulled it out this weekend to prep for my first in many years of being retired, the darn machine just wouldn't come on at all!

Well aware i am way out of warranty, but seems like a lot of people experienced similar issue, geez this sounds like it could use a RECALL!
    How can you tell “these machines” have a high percentage of failures? Just by the posts here? Rupes machines are sold all over the world and no one starts a thread about “My Rupes 15 never breaks down”.

Sorry your polisher isn’t working. I hope you send it back to Rupes and it gets repaired and lasts you a lifetime.

For the record I’ve got 6 Rupes tools and 0 problems so far.

9. Likes rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 15 (mark 1) die on me this year. I had it since they came out in the US. I have abused that machine in the last 8 or so years and it owed me nothing. Had a ton of polishing hours on it.

I contacted Rupes and they offered to repair it for a flat rate of $85 (don’t quote me on that). Anyway got the machine back in 2 weeks and from the parts list, I think they replaced everything possible. Anyway for me the machine made money and lasted a good long time... and now for $85 I basically have a brand new machine. I can’t complain at all. Maybe try contacting them directly and the will help you out. Not sure if they do a flat rate for all machines but I think it’s a pretty good deal.... nothing last forever.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Update: I am going to send the unit to Rupes to be fixed. I really like the machine and need it fixed, but still not happy that it quit with only very mild usage. I am still going to purchase the Makita DA though because after this I need a 2nd DA. All indications points to the electronic module as the culprit. The unit will start every now and then and then shut off, but once I do get it running, it modulates when at setting 4-6 for awhile and then stops and then makes a humming sound. After checking the price of the parts, it's far cheaper to just send to Rupes to be fixed under the flat rate repair program, plus you get other items replaced, inspected and it includes shipping both ways, which is a deal breaker.
    Update: Rupes repaired my machine free of charge. I don't know why, but can only assume that once they saw it and realized that it was practically brand new with little use that they decided to fix it under warranty. I did not question them and happy to have my machine back working. They replaced the brushes, modules, cord and a few other smaller things. They even gave me a cool little Rupes Bigfoot key chain.

12. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast