autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

Quote Originally Posted by coolcobramatt View Post
    Guys I’m not trying to create havoc but I am also not making anything up. I have owned several Rupes as well as Flex, Porter Cable etc and have a decent knowledge of the technique. I was weaned on Mike’s good old 7424 video many years ago and stick with what he teaches. I’ve got a bad back and arthritis in my right wrist so believe me, too much pressure is not the issue. I’ve had it stall on flat hoods and at I never run any polisher over 5.

My point was (and is) the lack of customer service is not limited to me. This is painfully true bu seeing two separate posts from Feb with no response. Someone mentioned maybe they have no time for forums. Well if I am a rep and was passed down these forums, damn straight that’s part of my job. If I have invited people publicly to message me and I don’t reply or my inbox is full, that’s on me. No excuses sorry.

I’m frustrated and it should show. It shouldn’t have to come to this in the first place but when you try since 2016 sometimes the cage needs rattled. Click dislike if that’s deemed necessary but the truth sometimes sucks.
    Was that machine really loud when you ran it?? I just looked at my repair ticket and it says they replaced the gear box among other things. I thought it was kind of odd that they replaced the brushes on a machine that was only run for 10-15 minutes. Actually it may have been a little more than that, but definitely not over 30. I had a mini which is basically the same machine I believe, it ran nice and smooth and quiet.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

"As we can see neither Dylan nor Todd responds to customer posts any longer. I personally PMed Dylan from 2016+ on a Duetto that had more issues than a magazine publisher."

First, you are correct in your observation that either I or Dylan don't post on here very much. I receive emails from two different company email addresses, my personal email address, instgram, PM's, Facebook, two different forums, text messages and phone calls. In other words, as the branches of contact points grow it becomes more and more impossible to manage them. Not because we don't want, because feed back (good or bad) is necessary to provide good customer service.

The biggest problem becomes it that if people try creative ways of contacting they tend to be disappointed or feel ignored. To avoid this Dylan wrote this in the opening paragraph:

At the time this post was created we have 3 full time customer service representatives ready to assist with anything you need and a total staff of 16 people here in the US dedicated to all the various support roles for RUPES and expanding more all the time. If you have an issue with a product please use the contact information below so we can assist you. Our offices are open Monday thru Friday from 8am - 5pm MST :

PHONE: (970)535-0100
    EMAIL: orders@rupesusa.com

Additionally myself and Todd Helme (Todd@RUPES) are available via PM on AGO most days, however email or a call are generally the fastest way to resolution.
    As it stands, callings or email is really the only way to contact us. We simply cannot manager multiple points of contact and provide the response time you demand and are entitled to.

" I found "Todd" today and thought I had a new contact but his inbox "is full and will not accept messages." My guess is neither work for Rupes any longer but who knows."

Still work for RUPES, thankfully. I have purposefully and purposely let me mail box get full because if I empty it I run the risk of somebody using that as a point of contact, and then getting frustrated (rightfully so) if I don't answer in time (rightfully so).

"My Duetto has gotten so bad it literally burned my hand after only a few panels of correction."

I am very sorry to hear about this!

" It's been bad since a few months after purchase from AG but the only reply I ever received was "send it in and it will cost about $100 to go through it", which I thought was poor support for a machine just a year old and used maybe 4 times."

All RUPES tools are covered by a 1-year, factory backed and supported warranty. We strongly recommend contacting us at the first sign of trouble. The warranty covers shipping both ways, is carried out at the USA factory, and is, of course, free.

If the tool has low use, and is outside of the 1-year factory warranty, you can certainly contact our repair department, and explain your situation to them. I, and I'm sure others reading, are sympathetic to your situation. There can, at times, exceptions to the rules, but we have to remain conservative. Otherwise we receive a number of tools that have been duct taped together, are full of dust, that have worn brushes, and have been used "a few hours."

I am not suggesting this is your case at all, just that there are people who take advantage of generosity and unfortunately these bad apples can ruin it for everybody. Again, please please please contact us at the first sign of tool problems!

Additionally, the "about $100" repair is for our flat rate program, this is from our website:

Quote Originally Posted by RUPESUSA
    The electric tool flat rate fee includes all shipping and handling via standard ground service to and from the RUPES USA repair facility for customers within the continental USA. All tools will be completely inspected, cleaned, and lubricated by a factory trained technician. All tools will receive carbon brush replacement, dust shroud replacement (depending on model) regardless of wear at no additional charge. Cords, electronic modules, front and rear plastic housings will also be replaced at no additional charge if necessary.

The flat rate fee DOES NOT INCLUDE repairs associated with the middle section of the tool's housing, rotor, stator, backing plate or labor associated with these repairs.
    Here is a link: Service Requests - RUPES USA

This program is quite generous and offers factory backed repair and maintenance with shipping covered. However, in your case, I understand why, after 4 hours of use, the suggestion for you paying for anything is frustrating. I

"It was just stalling and overheating at the time but this weekend finally began it's trip into final death, making some quite disturbing growls as it went into the afterlife."

I am sorry to hear this.

" I did help it along by throwing it as far as I could after it burnt me. Anger issues I guess but years of frustration with Rupes and their expensive turds."

Yeah, that probably didn't help but we all do things with frustration. I wish you would have called our repair department first and see if we could have at least found a reasonable compromise, particularly because you did contact Dylan in 2016 and might have a record for your problems with this tool.

"For the record I've owned an le15 in both Mark I and Mark II editions. One stalled constantly and the more powerful one melted pads like no one's business."

Generally pad stall on the LHR15 and pad melting on the MKII are caused by the same root problem which is excessive pressure. We generally train people to use almost zero pressure on the MKII and only exceed speed 4 if you are working on an isolated scratch. Once the pad starts to heat up, the surface area increases and does friction (like a drag car warming up its tires in a burnout). This usually means an increase in speed and pressure to fight the grabby pad which increases the problems further and soon the pads are toast. All long-throw orbital tools require long-throw orbital technique.

"Rupes just doesn't seem to value customer service nor long time repeat customers. I'm done giving their products a second/third chance."

I will forward your reasonable complaint to customer service and management, to see if there is a better way we reduce touch points and increase customer response. We aren't perfect, and I understand your frustration. Please accept my apology on behalf of RUPES.

3. Likes dlc95, DaveT435, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    "As we can see neither Dylan nor Todd responds to customer posts any longer. I personally PMed Dylan from 2016+ on a Duetto that had more issues than a magazine publisher."

First, you are correct in your observation that either I or Dylan don't post on here very much. I receive emails from two different company email addresses, my personal email address, instgram, PM's, Facebook, two different forums, text messages and phone calls. In other words, as the branches of contact points grow it becomes more and more impossible to manage them. Not because we don't want, because feed back (good or bad) is necessary to provide good customer service.

The biggest problem becomes it that if people try creative ways of contacting they tend to be disappointed or feel ignored. To avoid this Dylan wrote this in the opening paragraph:

As it stands, callings or email is really the only way to contact us. We simply cannot manager multiple points of contact and provide the response time you demand and are entitled to.

" I found "Todd" today and thought I had a new contact but his inbox "is full and will not accept messages." My guess is neither work for Rupes any longer but who knows."

Still work for RUPES, thankfully. I have purposefully and purposely let me mail box get full because if I empty it I run the risk of somebody using that as a point of contact, and then getting frustrated (rightfully so) if I don't answer in time (rightfully so).

"My Duetto has gotten so bad it literally burned my hand after only a few panels of correction."

I am very sorry to hear about this!

" It's been bad since a few months after purchase from AG but the only reply I ever received was "send it in and it will cost about $100 to go through it", which I thought was poor support for a machine just a year old and used maybe 4 times."

All RUPES tools are covered by a 1-year, factory backed and supported warranty. We strongly recommend contacting us at the first sign of trouble. The warranty covers shipping both ways, is carried out at the USA factory, and is, of course, free.

If the tool has low use, and is outside of the 1-year factory warranty, you can certainly contact our repair department, and explain your situation to them. I, and I'm sure others reading, are sympathetic to your situation. There can, at times, exceptions to the rules, but we have to remain conservative. Otherwise we receive a number of tools that have been duct taped together, are full of dust, that have worn brushes, and have been used "a few hours."

I am not suggesting this is your case at all, just that there are people who take advantage of generosity and unfortunately these bad apples can ruin it for everybody. Again, please please please contact us at the first sign of tool problems!

Additionally, the "about $100" repair is for our flat rate program, this is from our website:

Here is a link: Service Requests - RUPES USA

This program is quite generous and offers factory backed repair and maintenance with shipping covered. However, in your case, I understand why, after 4 hours of use, the suggestion for you paying for anything is frustrating. I

"It was just stalling and overheating at the time but this weekend finally began it's trip into final death, making some quite disturbing growls as it went into the afterlife."

I am sorry to hear this.

" I did help it along by throwing it as far as I could after it burnt me. Anger issues I guess but years of frustration with Rupes and their expensive turds."

Yeah, that probably didn't help but we all do things with frustration. I wish you would have called our repair department first and see if we could have at least found a reasonable compromise, particularly because you did contact Dylan in 2016 and might have a record for your problems with this tool.

"For the record I've owned an le15 in both Mark I and Mark II editions. One stalled constantly and the more powerful one melted pads like no one's business."

Generally pad stall on the LHR15 and pad melting on the MKII are caused by the same root problem which is excessive pressure. We generally train people to use almost zero pressure on the MKII and only exceed speed 4 if you are working on an isolated scratch. Once the pad starts to heat up, the surface area increases and does friction (like a drag car warming up its tires in a burnout). This usually means an increase in speed and pressure to fight the grabby pad which increases the problems further and soon the pads are toast. All long-throw orbital tools require long-throw orbital technique.

"Rupes just doesn't seem to value customer service nor long time repeat customers. I'm done giving their products a second/third chance."

I will forward your reasonable complaint to customer service and management, to see if there is a better way we reduce touch points and increase customer response. We aren't perfect, and I understand your frustration. Please accept my apology on behalf of RUPES.
    Exemplary response Todd. Responses I have seen from other reps have turned me off from other brands and, sadly, rupes. So glad to see this kind of class and professionalism.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

5. Thanks Todd@RUPES thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Thanks Todd for handling this in such a professional manner.

As mentioned in the e-mail I sent you letting you know of the PM I received, I was willing to go down any path you thought best to help out.

At the time I e-mailed you, the customer had not posted his PM to me in this thread.

I know you're incredibly busy so thank you for taking the time to chime in and help out.

7. Thanks Todd@RUPES thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get hold of Rupes using the email address posted in the first post. I actually got a response within a couple hours. Since I had some of the dates of contact and the repair sheet from last time they are going to look at it under warranty. We'll see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

BUMP! The info in the first post of this thread has been updated with current contact information and new policies. A lot has changed in the 3 years since RUPES purchased Cyclo Toolmakers to form RUPES USA. New Colorado Headquarters for all US operations. New training center. Expanded manufacturing. Expanded repair and service programs. If you need anything please reference post #1 in this thread for current info. (updated 7/18/2018)

Thanks!

Dylan von Kleist
    Marketing Manager | RUPES USA, Inc.
    dylanv@rupesusa.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I was able to get hold of Rupes using the email address posted in the first post. I actually got a response within a couple hours. Since I had some of the dates of contact and the repair sheet from last time they are going to look at it under warranty. We'll see what happens.
    Well they did fix the machine again. One major repair, 5 minutes use and back to them again I was hoping for a new machine but that didn't happen. Second repair seemed as major as the first. Got it back and ran it for a minute.mseemed good so on eBay it went. Just didn't have much trust for long term use without problems. I assume it will be ok otherwise I wouldn't have sold it. Someone not knowing the history will have confidence in it that I wouldn't.

Not the exact outcome I wanted but at least I was able to recoup some of my money. Ordered a 21 Mark II, hopefully I'll get good service out of this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Well they did fix the machine again. One major repair, 5 minutes use and back to them again I was hoping for a new machine but that didn't happen. Second repair seemed as major as the first. Got it back and ran it for a minute.mseemed good so on eBay it went. Just didn't have much trust for long term use without problems. I assume it will be ok otherwise I wouldn't have sold it. Someone not knowing the history will have confidence in it that I wouldn't.

Not the exact outcome I wanted but at least I was able to recoup some of my money. Ordered a 21 Mark II, hopefully I'll get good service out of this one.
    That really sucks. All that money for a Polisher, and well........ I don't need to reiterate what you are feeling.

It seems that the repairs they perform (at a pretty penny) aren't doing it for you. No offer of a replacement at all?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    That really sucks. All that money for a Polisher, and well........ I don't need to reiterate what you are feeling.

It seems that the repairs they perform (at a pretty penny) aren't doing it for you. No offer of a replacement at all?
    I believe there is a warranty on the repair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

I was kind of disappointed that after the first major repair and having the same problem when I got it back with the same problem they didn't offer to replace it. Flex replaced a machine that hadn't actually gone bad yet because they were aware of some problems with the early XFE-7s. Any manufactured product your going to have a certain number of bad units. I'm sure Rupes is a pretty low percentage, I just happened to get one. Obviously it won't stop me from buying Rupes, but if it's a tough decision between Rupes and another machine that may sway my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I believe there is a warranty on the repair.
    There is a 90 day warranty when they rebuild. I'm not sure with repairs, may only be until the original warranty expires.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast