autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

As we can see neither Dylan nor Todd responds to customer posts any longer. I personally PMed Dylan from 2016+ on a Duetto that had more issues than a magazine publisher. I found "Todd" today and thought I had a new contact but his inbox "is full and will not accept messages." My guess is neither work for Rupes any longer but who knows. My Duetto has gotten so bad it literally burned my hand after only a few panels of correction. It's been bad since a few months after purchase from AG but the only reply I ever received was "send it in and it will cost about $100 to go through it", which I thought was poor support for a machine just a year old and used maybe 4 times. It was just stalling and overheating at the time but this weekend finally began it's trip into final death, making some quite disturbing growls as it went into the afterlife. I did help it along by throwing it as far as I could after it burnt me. Anger issues I guess but years of frustration with Rupes and their expensive turds. For the record I've owned an le15 in both Mark I and Mark II editions. One stalled constantly and the more powerful one melted pads like no one's business.

Rupes just doesn't seem to value customer service nor long time repeat customers. I'm done giving their products a second/third chance.

2. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. Have you tried a new extension cord? When I switched to 12ga cord all of my polishers ran cooler.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolcobramatt View Post
    As we can see neither Dylan nor Todd responds to customer posts any longer. I personally PMed Dylan from 2016+ on a Duetto that had more issues than a magazine publisher. I found "Todd" today and thought I had a new contact but his inbox "is full and will not accept messages." My guess is neither work for Rupes any longer but who knows. My Duetto has gotten so bad it literally burned my hand after only a few panels of correction. It's been bad since a few months after purchase from AG but the only reply I ever received was "send it in and it will cost about $100 to go through it", which I thought was poor support for a machine just a year old and used maybe 4 times. It was just stalling and overheating at the time but this weekend finally began it's trip into final death, making some quite disturbing growls as it went into the afterlife. I did help it along by throwing it as far as I could after it burnt me. Anger issues I guess but years of frustration with Rupes and their expensive turds. For the record I've owned an le15 in both Mark I and Mark II editions. One stalled constantly and the more powerful one melted pads like no one's business.

Rupes just doesn't seem to value customer service nor long time repeat customers. I'm done giving their products a second/third chance.
    I don’t have pad melting issues on any of my MKII’s, however loaned my 15 MKII to a pal who destroyed pads. I immediately went over and asked him to demonstrate his technique and he was using the 15 like he did his rotary,wide open with heavy pressure. Almost every pad melting issue I have encountered has been user error. My MKII’s are all pretty light on pads compared to my rotary’s.

5. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I don’t have pad melting issues on any of my MKII’s, however loaned my 15 MKII to a pal who destroyed pads. I immediately went over and asked him to demonstrate his technique and he was using the 15 like he did his rotary,wide open with heavy pressure. Almost every pad melting issue I have encountered has been user error. My MKII’s are all pretty light on pads compared to my rotary’s.
    You hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the same thing.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

7. Likes Ronin47, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Ronin47

Have you ever used any other polisher before?
    If the Duetto is stalling, the LE15 stalled and the MarkII 15 melted pads. It sounds like you are using way too much downward pressure.

9. Likes Ronin47, custmsprty, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They still work for Rupes. They are both active on social media and I know a lot of folks don't see that as an option. Given what their jobs entail and the traveling they do I can see why they don't have time to be on the forums.

Dylan provided an email in the first post as well. Did you try contacting them through that email or the phone number? You may not get one of them but it's worth a try.

PHONE: (970)535-0100
    EMAIL: orders@rupesusa.com

I contacted Dylan before with a backing plate issue for my nano and he replied right away.

11. Likes custmsprty, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious, was that machine real,y loud from the beginning. I used mine for about 10 minutes and even being literally half deaf I couldn't stand the noise. Sent it in under warranty and they replaced the gears or gear box, I don't remember exactly what they called it. Sent it back to me and the first run for a few seconds holding it in the air was ok, after about 5 minutes use it was back to screaming. I'm sure bring a bearing issue if I would have kept running it heat would have been an issue. Emailed them again in early April and got a response that my email would be forwarded to the proper department, never heard anything back. I guess I'll try the email address posted on here. If they won't do anything I guess I did get about 15 minutes service out if it...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I’m not trying to create havoc but I am also not making anything up. I have owned several Rupes as well as Flex, Porter Cable etc and have a decent knowledge of the technique. I was weaned on Mike’s good old 7424 video many years ago and stick with what he teaches. I’ve got a bad back and arthritis in my right wrist so believe me, too much pressure is not the issue. I’ve had it stall on flat hoods and at I never run any polisher over 5.

My point was (and is) the lack of customer service is not limited to me. This is painfully true bu seeing two separate posts from Feb with no response. Someone mentioned maybe they have no time for forums. Well if I am a rep and was passed down these forums, damn straight that’s part of my job. If I have invited people publicly to message me and I don’t reply or my inbox is full, that’s on me. No excuses sorry.

I’m frustrated and it should show. It shouldn’t have to come to this in the first place but when you try since 2016 sometimes the cage needs rattled. Click dislike if that’s deemed necessary but the truth sometimes sucks.

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys I’m not trying to create havoc but I am also not making anything up. I have owned several Rupes as well as Flex, Porter Cable etc and have a decent knowledge of the technique. I was weaned on Mike’s good old 7424 video many years ago and stick with what he teaches. I’ve got a bad back and arthritis in my right wrist so believe me, too much pressure is not the issue. I’ve had it stall on flat hoods and at I never run any polisher over 5.

My point was (and is) the lack of customer service is not limited to me. This is painfully true bu seeing two separate posts from Feb with no response. Someone mentioned maybe they have no time for forums. Well if I am a rep and was passed down these forums, damn straight that’s part of my job. If I have invited people publicly to message me and I don’t reply or my inbox is full, that’s on me. No excuses sorry.

I’m frustrated and it should show. It shouldn’t have to come to this in the first place but when you try since 2016 sometimes the cage needs rattled. Click dislike if that’s deemed necessary but the truth sometimes sucks.
    I'd be frustrated as well. I had a simple question about a Griot's product I bought, and I received two emails the very next day from two different reps.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

What happened when you called the phone number that they gave? For the record I have had good customer support from Rupes. I told them I had a problem with some pads delaminating and they sent me a new box of pads without any hassle.

As far as melting pads I feel that is a matter of technique, not a machine problem. Everyone wants more power so Rupes comes out with the MKII. Run that machine on 6 and it will melt pads. I assume a Griots would do the same since they are basically the same machine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast