autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

***NEW RUPES Paperback Book***

***NEW RUPES Paperback Book***

How to use the RUPES BigFoot Paint Polishing System
    for Production Detailing and Show Car Detailing

I put a lot of time and effort into this new how-to book to make sure it includes everything you've ever wanted to know about the RUPES polishers, pads and products. That's why the title is,

To show you what's inside the book I was going to type out the index or copy and paste it from my original working file but until then, here's pictures showing the index and I think you'll see by the pictures just how in-depth this book is...

There are SIX pages to the index and margins are as far out as the publisher could push them!

If you've read any of my articles on the AGO forum then you know my casual writing style that explains not only what to do but why you're doing it.

If you're going to purchase a RUPES polisher then get this book and read it. The tips and techniques for using the RUPES paint polishing system is the next best thing to attending my RUPES detailing classes.

Also makes a great gift...

On Autogeek.com

for Production Detailing and Show Car Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ***NEW RUPES Paperback Book***

Nice! This is going to be a great resource. These are the types of things I like reading. I need to take a break on buying pads, and pick up these books..

Post Thanks / Like

Mike will this be in Digital form anytime soon?

I love reading books on my iPad
    2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Post Thanks / Like

I think calling it a "book" is being modest. I'd call that an encyclopedia. Nice job as usual, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: ***NEW RUPES Paperback Book***

Cool Mike, I'll be getting one of these soon.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post

Mike will this be in Digital form anytime soon?
    My guess is that it will be available in electronic form but not till sometime next year. If you want a copy I'd get one now.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

Nice! This is going to be a great resource. These are the types of things I like reading. I need to take a break on buying pads, and pick up these books..

Everyone is different, here's my take. When reading a book I like and prefer a paper book. I find it to be a LOT easier on my eyes especially if I'm reading on an airplane and I tend to try to tackle books on long flights.

I also like paperback books because I like to highlight portions that are important to me and bend page corners over for faster location of certain information. Yeah I know you can do this in an electronic book but I still like holding and reading a paperback book.

That said, I love the quality of pictures in an ibook. I love the fact that I can click on hypertext links in and ibook to go to more information online. I really like being able to watch an embedded video or click to a link to a video online.

I guess in a perfect world I'd have both a paperback version and an electronic version.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post

I think calling it a "book" is being modest. I'd call that an encyclopedia. Nice job as usual, Mike

Thank you. For some reason I tend to overwrite on topics with the goal of answering every conceivable question or hypothetical situation then to underwrite and have my work be lacking in any area of topical information.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

Cool Mike, I'll be getting one of these soon.

Thanks Craig, I think you'll like it. I also did almost all of my photography work in the book.

Most of the pictures that I'm physically in were done using a tripod and the timer on the camera. Have to say, that's a lot of fun... frame up shot, press camera shutter button, walk as fast as I can to the scene, pick up the tool and pose for the action shot.

This RUPES book is really in-depth but to be honest, my new boat detailing book is at least 3x in-depth just because of all the different brands of tools it covers, (including RUPES), plus the 4 categories of boat conditions, plus sanding and buffing aluminum pontoon boats, plus all other aspects of detailing boats both inside and out.

There's even a dedicated chapter on microfiber towels in the boat detailing book. The reason for this is because the boat detailing book shows how to machine polish Eisenglass (flexible plastic windows), to remove scratches, yellowing and oxidation. Machine polishing out scratches from flexible plastic windows isn't the fastest process in the world so I figured instead of showing how to fix the symptom I would show how to tackle the root cause of the problems and that's how boat owners maintain, wipe or "touch" the Eisenglass windows on their boats and that all comes down to the towels they use. So I wrote an entire chapter on the care and feeding of microfiber towels for boat owners.

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I use RUPES polishers, but I dont use their system. I assume it is still easily worth buying the book because there is still valuable information on how to use the machines better? I know it is only $20, but I dont want to spend hard earned money when the book doesnt help me at all. I hope my question makes sense...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to buy one for my apprentice. Awesome Mike!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Mike, I use RUPES polishers, but I dont use their system. I assume it is still easily worth buying the book because there is still valuable information on how to use the machines better? I know it is only $20, but I dont want to spend hard earned money when the book doesnt help me at all. I hope my question makes sense...

There is TONS of information in all my how-to books and "yes" many of the tips and techniques I share for using the RUPES system will apply to other pads and chemicals and even other tools that are similar to the RUPES tools.

Kind of like my new boat detailing book showcases the Marine 31 line of products but you could use all the tips and techniques to detail boats using other quality brand marine products.

(The boat book is the most difficult book I've ever written followed by the RUPES book)

Good question!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast