autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ***NEW RUPES Paperback Book***

Mike, thanks for your excellent reply. One more question, how long would you say it took you to put this book together? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Spent most of Thanksgiving day reading and highlighting my new Rupes book, lots of good info in this book, Five Star for sure.
    One thing I need help with, on page 71 the book refers to more info by Googling "RUPES Production Detailing - 2013 Camaro by Mike Phillips", when I do this I just get the pictures without the article. Is there a place on the forum where the article & thread can be found?
    We are very lucky to have Mike writing these books and answering detailing questions on this forum!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 99C5Coupe View Post
    Spent most of Thanksgiving day reading and highlighting my new Rupes book, lots of good info in this book, Five Star for sure.
    One thing I need help with, on page 71 the book refers to more info by Googling "RUPES Production Detailing - 2013 Camaro by Mike Phillips", when I do this I just get the pictures without the article. Is there a place on the forum where the article & thread can be found?
    We are very lucky to have Mike writing these books and answering detailing questions on this forum!

Here you go...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html

Glad you liked the book, I found it challenging to write. Not as challenging as the boat detailing book but easily the second most challenging book I've ever written.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post

Mike, thanks for your excellent reply.

One more question, how long would you say it took you to put this book together?

Thanks!
    Well if you ask my boss... too long!

The reality however is around 6-8 months. That's because in my books I do all my own work (and photography) and there are 6 cars that I personally detailed using all the RUPES tools, pads and products and all the tips and techniques shared in the book.

For everyone reading this that understands how much LONGER it takes to. buff out a car when every 15 minutes you have to stop working on the car and set up for a shot (usually multiple shots or pictures), then with this number of cars, the photography, the writing etc., it takes some time.

Plus I call my writing style "Bulletproof Writing". That is anytime I write for a book, the forum or any other media I have to make sure it's absolutely bulletproof - as in no mistakes.

Good question, thank you for asking!

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered one with the flex and the showroom shine in the 3 pack. Living in Hawaii I should start doing boats but I'll save that until I can master cars. One small question, I don't have a rupes but I'm assuming that there will be techniques on using the long throw machines right? I have a G21 and like using it but I'm still working on getting my technique down. Even if it doesn't I'm ok because Im always looking to learn more about anything. The 3 pack is a good value also so that's a plus. Mahalo Mike and look forward to reading them. Aloha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post

I just ordered one with the flex and the showroom shine in the 3 pack.
    Thank you for your trust.

Living in Hawaii I should start doing boats but I'll save that until I can master cars.

Hawaii came up in this thread about Roadshow classes.

SoCal Roadshow Class - Pictures & Comments

One small question, I don't have a rupes but I'm assuming that there will be techniques on using the long throw machines right?

I have a G21 and like using it but I'm still working on getting my technique down. Even if it doesn't I'm ok because Im always looking to learn more about anything.
    Most everything I wrote about technique for using the RUPES polishers will apply to any long stroke orbital polisher including the BOSS system and all the other similar type tools.

I'd have to test my "Edging Technique" shared on page 64 with the actual BOSS polishers, backing plates, interflex pads and buffing pads to make sure it's both safe and works like it does with the BigFoot 21 and 15 before I state it will in public.

The 3 pack is a good value also so that's a plus.

Mahalo Mike and look forward to reading them. Aloha.
    Thank you and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I will mike thanks again. Hope I can one day make it out to Florida for a class sometime.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Here's a text book example of how to use the RUPES Paint Polishing System to remove swirls and create a show car finish!

And when I say text book example... I mean text book example!

Pictures: RUPES Detailing Class at Autogeek - 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

The art of polishing paint with RUPES!

Get a copy and read it. Buffing out a car starts with the brain... not the buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a copy with my new 75. Very well done,lots of good info & tips. A must read if you own or are considering a Rupes tool!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast