autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed Adjustment location

I have been using machine polishers for many years. I currently have over a dozen different machines. I have owned and currently own a number of Rupes polishers. I may be the only one with this question/concern/gripe. Am I the only one who does not like the speed adjustment location on the LHR75E? Furthermore, I understand location usually has a lot to do with design engineering and there is usually a good reason for why something is located where it is.

I personally feel that it is more advantageous for a speed adjustment dial to be located on the side of the machine or on top much like your other models are i.e. LHR 15/21.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before. I did a quick google search as well as the forums and couldn't really find anything in specific to this. Most of the concerns are regarding paint correcting ability which IMHO for a mini electric DA has a lot of correcting ability for paints of all types which is an impressive feat! This is in no way a jab at Rupes as I find their machines are of the utmost quality.

If anyone else has any comments on this please advise. Also if a Rupes rep could address this to their engineering department and maybe shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Adjustment location

I just received the 75e as well and that was the first thing I noticed. I would like to hear some input about it's well.

Post Thanks / Like

To me it's not a big deal. It's fine where it is. I have three Rupes Polishers, I'm fine with all of them.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be getting two minis this week. I'm assuming it's identical to my Duetto.

Never had a problem with either. I've used the Porter Cable 7424xp for so long it doesn't make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    To me it's not a big deal. It's fine where it is. I have three Rupes Polishers, I'm fine with all of them.
    The other polishers the adjustment is on the top typically. You do not find the LHR 75/12 adjustment in a relatively hard to get to spot compared to the other polishers?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I'll be getting two minis this week. I'm assuming it's identical to my Duetto.

Never had a problem with either. I've used the Porter Cable 7424xp for so long it doesn't make a difference.
    Yes very similar to the 12. The PC is one of my least favorite machines. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    The other polishers the adjustment is on the top typically. You do not find the LHR 75/12 adjustment in a relatively hard to get to spot compared to the other polishers?

Yes very similar to the 12. The PC is one of my least favorite machines. lol
    I actually got to check out the mini I'm getting here locally, but didn't even check to see where the dial was placed.

Yeah, the PC is hated by many, but if I could only have one machine, that's what it would be. I love those things!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually got to check out the mini I'm getting here locally, but didn't even check to see where the dial was placed.

Yeah, the PC is hated by many, but if I could only have one machine, that's what it would be. I love those things!
    I agree i hate where the speed dial is for the 75e, its impossible to change it on the fly.

You have to lift up the machine to see.

Its right underneath the power cord.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with any of the speed dials, only issue I ever have is with the lock button. Im left handed and I have a difficult time locking the trigger at times. I wish I could get a left handed polisher. If only their was a leftorium.

Post Thanks / Like

I do realize that the PC are very common, inexpensive, and a lot of places carry them. So it does have its upsides. But from a professionals standpoint there are so many better more effective machines to get the job done better and quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    I agree i hate where the speed dial is for the 75e, its impossible to change it on the fly.

You have to lift up the machine to see.

Its right underneath the power cord.
    Yes sir! I have the same issue. I wonder if anyone from Rupes ever mentioned this during the testing phase. For those of us who generally like to make on the fly speed adjustments this is an important feature.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcpab View Post
    I have no problem with any of the speed dials, only issue I ever have is with the lock button. Im left handed and I have a difficult time locking the trigger at times. I wish I could get a left handed polisher. If only their was a leftorium.
    I actually thought about this many years ago as well. Being that I am ambi I always thought about those who are strictly left handed if there was ever going to be a machine specifically designed for left/right hand usage. However, I am pretty sure I know why they don't which is always due to costs and the fact that the demand for them just isn't there. This is more apparent when you start talking about rotarys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    I do realize that the PC are very common, inexpensive, and a lot of places carry them. So it does have its upsides. But from a professionals standpoint there are so many better more effective machines to get the job done better and quicker.

Yes sir! I have the same issue. I wonder if anyone from Rupes ever mentioned this during the testing phase. For those of us who generally like to make on the fly speed adjustments this is an important feature.
    Well, that hasn't been my experience with the PC, but your opinion is shared by many.

I routinely toggle my speeds between 2 and 5 on the Duetto with no issue. I'm not so worried about the number on the dial as I am the action of the pad. I really like that Rupes dials don't "click", but that it's smooth operating.