autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to get my first rotary

I would go with the $100 Dewalt. I would get used to that and then upgrade if you want.

I've gone down to 2 inches on my PC and if you like you could even make an extension for it to reach small tight long distant areas.

you could do it with a Rotary too, and if you get a $100 Rotary. You could experiment with it and do modifications to it and not take a big hit if something went wrong, opposed to a more expensive tool.

And here it is at Meguiar's on their G110v2

I'll add this too, the PC used at 3 inches has a lot of power and could be used at 2 inches with an extension too, if desired.

Here is the PC removing 1000 grit, using Meguiar's 3inch MF cutting pad and Meguiars M100. Polished using M205

or just get both

Post Thanks / Like

who would of ever thought CG's would get the idea of the digital speed interface from this with their torq10fx DA or perhaps they are made from the same company (just like everything else these days right?) with the huge mark-up? harbor freight please come out with one of these for a lot cheaper...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1USMC View Post

Since I was very impressed with the 3401 I ended up getting a PE-14 for a rotary. Like all flex products it's sturdy and well built. It's also extremely light weight. Great all around machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger View Post

To Matt,

If you're in this for the long run, that is into car detailing either for a hobby or a way of earning a living for most of, or the rest of you're life, then get the Flex PE14.

It is the best rotary polisher for detailing cars. Even wrote a little article about this topic...

The Flex PE14 Rotary Polisher - The rotary I grab first...

At only 5 pounds and the quietest rotary polisher on the market for this price you'll find yourself to become like me and anytime you need to use a rotary buffer you'll be grabbing the Flex PE14 first.

I'm a huge proponent of using the right tool for the right job and that includes anytime you want or need to reduce the amount of time you invest in the first step - the correction step.

In fact, I teach this as a class at this year's Mobile Tech Expo. It's Class #2 out of 9 classes altogether.

2015 Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule

And in this class I show the Flex PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

thanks for the input!! i think i will end up with the PE14, but i feel i need to work up to it. most of my corrections are one steps that i have hammer out with my Rupes. i am planing on getting a test panel and learning as mush as possible on it, so when the heavy corrections come along i am armed and ready with the right tools and skills. making a $400 investment this early in my detail game i hard to justify, especially after spending over $400 getting my rupes and all of my pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree to test the waters first!

In regards to the DeWalt, why not just get a new dwp849x? Then you get the soft start. Some careful shopping will have it to you for $168. Then, down the line, if you like rotary buffing you can get a Flex and either keep the DeWalt for heavy jobs (like gelcoat) or sell it and get most of your money back.
    Brandon--Custom Cleaning Concepts, LLC
    If you want your ride as clean as can be, you need to call CCC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12