autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Heyo! I need a polisher! Now!

I'm new to Auto Detailing. I'm a personal user and i'm looking to save some money. I was looking into the Meguiars G110v2. I did alot of research and it seems like a good choice.

That being said... What's up with their stock? I can't find it anywhere online. All on back order.

Anyone live in Florida... have one for sale?
    or if you guys could give me another suggestion..

I'm also very impatient.. I have alot of imperfections on my used vehicle that I want to get rid of ASAP. The sooner the better.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heyo! I need a polisher! Now!

traditional style DA = GG6

on a budget, get the harbor freight DA

end of thread....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    traditional style DA = GG6

on a budget, get the harbor freight DA

end of thread....
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! The Habor Freight DA scared me, I went a couple weeks ago, it was $45..............

I just purchased the PC7424... Wish me luck, did I make a bad choice?

Post Thanks / Like

The PC can do plenty of jobs from my experience. Where did you buy it from? and your going to be using it mainly for paint?

I like my PC with a 5" bp and or a 3" bp, depending on what I am trying to accomplish.

oh and congrats! I love my little PC, it's small but has plenty of power if used correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyfella View Post
    Yikes! The Habor Freight DA scared me, I went a couple weeks ago, it was $45..............

I just purchased the PC7424... Wish me luck, did I make a bad choice?
    The PC is the workhorse of the industry. Guys like Mike Phillips have used them successfully on everything from motorcycles to semis. Having said that, it is old news so it doesn't get a lot of love on these boards any more. But most of us have one and still use it.

As Art mentioned, get the 5" backing plate and 5.25" pads for your main work.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on purchasing one of the finest dual action polishers on the market. Mike Phillips has done a tremendous job writing articles about these polishers and polishing in general and I've posted just a few of them for your reading pleasure.

Car Buffers & Polishers

Dual Action Polishers

How to choose the right polisher for your detailing project

DA Polisher Trouble Shooting Guide

How to prime a foam pad when using a DA Polisher

How much product do I use with my DA Polisher?

Wet Buffing Technique

DA Polisher Articles - Help for Newbies to Machine Polishing

A little on choosing the right foam pad.

Personally, I prefer using 5 1/2" foam pads on all my machines. In my opinion, the smaller pad is a perfect balance between size and efficiency. Smaller pads make controlling the polisher easier putting less stress on the machine and the user

Foam Pads

Yellow Cutting Foam
    - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.

Orange Light Cutting Foam - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all-around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

White Polishing Foam - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so it’s perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Gray Finishing Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Blue Finessing Foam – Pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my PC 7336 for 10 years now and use it on every single job i've had to date and it's still rockin and rollin! I do all of my correction with a rotary but still use the PC for AIO's, paint cleaners and LSP's. I recently lent it to my neighbor for him to sand down his kitchen cabinets. I willingly gave it to him hoping he might kill it and i could finally get a Flex or Rupes but NO...works just fine upon return! Damn.

Seriously, a well built machine when cared for.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used PC7424 for over 10 years, but when I switched to Flex 3401 you realize it's "cheaper" in the long run as it's faster/better (read time is money).

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased it from AutoGeek, I bought the kit.. It was alittle overpriced but what the heck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast