autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heyo! I need a polisher! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyfella View Post
    I purchased it from AutoGeek, I bought the kit.. It was alittle overpriced but what the heck.
    The PC7424 XP is an excellent choice! I have one and still use it! IMO, it is one of the most versatile DA's out there. There are many backing plate options and pad options for that little beast and it is practically foolproof!

Great choice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I've had my PC 7336 for 10 years now and use it on every single job i've had to date and it's still rockin and rollin! Seriously, a well built machine when cared for.
    same here just re-badged. i bought it about ten years ago from meguiars and that was when it was known as the G100 with a lifetime warranty in which it still has. i mainly use it with the smaller backing plate and pads so i don't have to switch it out on the fly...

IMO, the HF DA is a better option that the pc7424xp. it has more torque, better ergonomics (feels better in the hands), and cheaper in price, about half of the XP. many people have been using it and there haven't been a few/many reports of it failing compared to the XP and a few well known detailers have been abusing them day in & day out every single day for months & months with no issues...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    same here just re-badged. i bought it about ten years ago from meguiars and that was when it was known as the G100 with a lifetime warranty in which it still has. i mainly use it with the smaller backing plate and pads so i don't have to switch it out on the fly...

IMO, the HF DA is a better option that the pc7424xp. it has more torque, better ergonomics (feels better in the hands), and cheaper in price, about half of the XP. many people have been using it and there haven't been a few/many reports of it failing compared to the XP and a few well known detailers have been abusing them day in & day out every single day for months & months with no issues...
    Wait what.. The Harbor Freight is better.. ?? Umm i'm gonna return my DA then... What the heck!?

Post Thanks / Like

The porter cable 7424 can be bought at Lowes it's a good polisher. It may not be the best but is very good none the less
    Detailing in Colorado since 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyfella View Post
    Wait what.. The Harbor Freight is better.. ?? Umm i'm gonna return my DA then... What the heck!?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y040rbJO5UI]My thoughts on the Rupes Bigfoot Duetto LHR 12E Garry Dean Tampa, FL Harbor Freight DA buff and shin - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like
    PC is great my first DA ! But man not enough power to cut fast like the Rupes 15 Bigfoot . I wish I saved my money to get this bad boy because since purchasing the rupes my details have been done faster and better than using the PC. And my pads last a lot longer on the rupes lol but the PC does get the job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The PC is fine if you are going to maintain your own cars. If you are doing this for money then the rupes or flex would be the better choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I own both a Rupes 15 and an original PC. I use both and clearly the Rupes is the more advanced, higher tech machine, yet I find myself using the PC more often, unless the task requires serious muscle.
    2015 Audi S4 in Mythos Black Metallic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12