autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips when using Menzerna polishes

Thought I'd do abit of a write up on Menzerna compounds I've used and the way I like doing things. Some might disagree but everyones different, this is just my way of using them.

Heavy Cutting

PG1000 - Removes heavy swirls/defects/1500/2000 marks easily

Although this is a great product, you need to know how to use ot and take the appropriate steps after.
    Make sure you work the product in properly, let those abrasives break down and work. Not breaking it down properly will probably make the finish look worse then what it beginned with. Keep it lubed, a few sprays of lube/water on the pad will help with dry buffing. When using a compound like this with a heavy cut pad and your using 1500+ RPM, the last thing you want is to be cutting with a dry pad after the polish has broken down. This will cause bad holograms/marring.

Dont do a 2 step process and start with PG1000.

When I use PG1000 I like to follow up with Intensive Polish, then SF. Using a finishing polish like SF after PG wont remove marring left behind from PG. Even if you think it looks good do an IPA wipedown and check results.

Power Finish

Awesome product. I have used it to remove quite moderate swirls/scratches and it finished up quite well. With Power Finish you can go straight to a finishing polish stage, such as SF on a white/gray pad.

Intensive Polish

Another great product. Used this with a wool pad on a black Mazda recently and it removed majority of swirls and still left a good finish. Be patient with this product, take your time and work it in. When using on a DA polisher, although they say you can use this as a finishing polish with a polishing pad such as a LC White pad, I dont recomend it. Even though it looks good, you can still see a slight haze/micromarring left behind. I like to follow it with SF with a gray pad to remove haze/marring and restore gloss.

Super Finish

I love this product. Have been using for years and not dissapointed. A little goes a long way, dont use too much. Just a small ammount is needed. I dont like using alot of speed with this product. Slow and steady movement with just the weight of the machine and let it do its magic. The working time is quite long with this polish. I like to take my time with this product and work it in for a few minutes. Finishing with a Rotary can be very difficult, depending on the paint of the car its usually easier to finish with a DA. If using a rotary I recomend only a soft pad such as a LC gray pad, slow speed and slow pace. Just a note if your using it remove marrimg/holograms from a previous step, do a small spot and carefully do a IPA wipedown after. This product is quite oily and will hide alot of things you dont want to see after you wash it.
    Hope this helps!

Thanks
    They say a man looks after himself the same way he looks after his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips when using Menzerna polishes

I havent used PG1000 but I have heard it can be a bear to use.

I think for others looking into Menzerna for a heavy cut compound they should forego PG1000 and use FG400.