autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got my Flex PE14...

Quote Originally Posted by BLKZ06 View Post
    The first time you catch an edge and burn it, sling a panel, or have the polisher rip out of your hand you'll wish you'd never locked it...

... I was always told to keep the trigger fluid, so that the polisher can be backed down near creases, curves, edges, etc...
    ^^^ Interesting point. I'm going to try it on the next car I polish.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is black or white only, everyone has a method that works.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

It's called a flexible backing plate. You said you rarely buff a perfectly flat surface.... well you're not alone.

Get yourself a flexible backing plate and you will be shocked at what that will do for you in terms of reducing fatigue and how it will affect your technique as well.

Not trying to call you out or doubt you, I could care less, but please do us a favor and do not tell me or anyone else that you "hope" we are not rotary buffing if we are not using the same technique you are. Go back to the thread and tell me who started this nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaban View Post
    It's called a flexible backing plate. You said you rarely buff a perfectly flat surface.... well you're not alone.

Get yourself a flexible backing plate and you will be shocked at what that will do for you in terms of reducing fatigue and how it will affect your technique as well.

Not trying to call you out or doubt you, I could care less, but please do us a favor and do not tell me or anyone else that you "hope" we are not rotary buffing if we are not using the same technique you are. Go back to the thread and tell me who started this nonsense.
    Its my thread- I started it. I never said anything about using my "method" of rotary buffing. I pointed out I hoped you were'nt rotary buffing with the trigger locked. And i stand by that. That being said, I apologize if you feel I was rude to you.

I have 5 flexible backing plates. And about 40 foam pads...and approx. 500.00 worth of Menzerna polishes alone. I'm pretty serious about my stuff.

And please do all of us a favor- those who have been doing this a LONG time, along with newbies just starting out- and don't insinuate that locking the trigger on a rotary is perfectly OK to do. If you feel that strongly about it- start your own thread and provide pics on your method. Theres no denying the damage a rotary can do in untrained, or undertrained hands. Thats not even debatable. I have no problem backing up my statements on locking a trigger.

Heres a preview of my upcoming pictorial. The only tape you see is covering my emblem, leading duct edge (which I STILL worried about even slowing down the buffer- sticks out really far) and brake intake vent. Thats my 1st correction pass with my Flex rotary and Menz PO91. Again..this is my personal 2011 Z06 with Z07 package...I paid 100K for it. I trust my method.

I still have PO106 to go, and manybe PO85RD on a GG depending on how everything looks in the sun.

Basic before:

After:

Last edited by BLKZ06; 05-20-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    Nothing is black or white only, everyone has a method that works.

Absolutely. Good point.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever floats your boat man... btw that "after" pic is with the halogens not directly pointing to the paint like they are in the first pic. Not trying to be an ass, just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaban View Post
    Whatever floats your boat man... btw that "after" pic is with the halogens not directly pointing to the paint like they are in the first pic. Not trying to be an ass, just sayin.

No-the angle of the lights never changed..it was the difference in me standing up vs being slightly crouched in the "before" pic.

Regardless...the difference in the panels is clearly visible even with the different angle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123