autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In the market for a rotary

I'm leaning towards the two Flex machines, particularly the bigger of the two. My reasoning is that I don't really need a "workhorse" since it won't be used all that often (if I was still into autobody & painting it would) & then the obvious price of the bigger machine too. I have two cars right now that are in need of some serious repair finish-wise that I need to sell & the machine would easily pay for itself with just these two cars alone. Plus my daily driver has some scratches that my PC7424 hasn't completely removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    Its true that you dont really hear much about the Hitachi, but some of the stuff you do hear is about the quality of bearings, gears or something that gives play in the spindle and causes crazy vibrations.
    Thanks for the heads up! I havent noticed any crazy vibrations or anything. I had both mine and my roommates makita side by side and didnt notice any difference in vibration. The only thing I noticed was the smoother start of the makita. I hadnt heard anything about that before, I researched before I purchased but Ill keep an eye out for that. So far I have not had a single problem with it and I dont put the machine to the grind every day so im sure it will have a longer life than for some people.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheNorthSideWhiteGuy View Post
    LOL.
    I had a feeling it wouldn't be a landslide of opinions pointing at one machine. I'm torn over the lightweight Flex one for the same reason that you can't rely on it's weight to do so much of the job. But then it would be nice for side panels, which is my most hated part of detailing.

I have another day or two to still be able to take advantage of the Father's Day 15% off special.
    I believe that the rotary will not be discounted but the supplies will.

Mark

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dammit, you're right. Oh well. That doesn't change my intent to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheNorthSideWhiteGuy View Post
    LOL.
    I had a feeling it wouldn't be a landslide of opinions pointing at one machine. I'm torn over the lightweight Flex one for the same reason that you can't rely on it's weight to do so much of the job. But then it would be nice for side panels, which is my most hated part of detailing.

I have another day or two to still be able to take advantage of the Father's Day 15% off special.
    So if the Flex is 2 lbs. lighter adding 2lbs. of pressure would tire you out? I don't think so. I let the pad and polish do the work and not the weight of the machine. BTW better check on the discount on buffers.. I don't think it applies to buffers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12