autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Scared of my Rotory...

Hey Everyone.

I have owned both my PC Orbital and my Dewalt Rotary for many years now. I use my dewalt for Metal polishing large items and wheels...and my PC for all my paint work

Now for years i have been Affraid of using my Rotary not in fear or burning paint, but in fear of leaving Swirls in the car!!!!

How do you achieve swirls? Is it from Just using compounds and nothing else? or is it improper use.

If i use proper pads and compounds, polish, and sealents will it protect me from swirls from the rotary? As i do alreayd with my PC Orbital...

Im really clueless to the rotary, and belive my head is filled with incorrect iformation on results from rotary's

Shed some light on this for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scared of my Rotory...

Post Thanks / Like

I read that article and it is very useful, but how are swirls and hazing created

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Scared of my Rotory...

Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    make sure You read this TOGWT always steers people in the right direction.

overall your assumption is correct. you should be fine, you're comfortable polishing big things and wheels. One of the first things you need to remember is to relax and breath. the more comfortable you are. The better things will go and you always have the pc to fall back on. This is as simple as I can keep it. So, Go have some fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bgray View Post
    I read that article and it is very useful, but how are swirls and hazing created
    I wish I could be exact but I'm still learning myself. So lets see how much I have learned. Swirls are created by a heavy compound that then needs to be polished out. hazing is created by dry buffing and to much polish and pressure. Well thats the best I can do. I sure a pro will jump in a correct things. Then We'll both know for sure. I had to try bgray.

Post Thanks / Like

you know, from reading all that and other stuff.....its really nothing to be affraid of, i had a really bad perception before i believe

thanks for the help...looks like my next order will ahve some more pads and adapters for my dewalts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bgray View Post
    you know, from reading all that and other stuff.....its really nothing to be affraid of, i had a really bad perception before i believe

thanks for the help...looks like my next order will ahve some more pads and adapters for my dewalts!

That is most excellent. I'm happy you feel that way!!!
    Last edited by Buddy; 09-16-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There sure isn't anything to be afraid and you have a very good buffer also. I have had my two for over 20 years and still going strong. Get yourself some wool pads, and several green, white, black, and blue CCS pads. I use the 5.5 inch pads with the rotary, no need for anything stronger with the foam when you have the wool. Plus the wool cuts and levels the paint better. Just a few suggestions for you.
    Last edited by ASPHALT ROCKET; 09-16-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    There sure isn't anything to be afraid and you have a very good buffer also. I have had my two for over 20 years and still going strong. Get yourself some wool pads, and several green, white, black, and blue CCS pads. I used the 5.5 inch pads with the rotary, no need for anything stronger with the foam when you have the wool. Plus the wool cuts and levels the paint better. Just a few suggestions for you.
    Thanks ASPHALT ROCKET this is going to help him even more...he's on the road now. he will be able to get right into it...

Post Thanks / Like

YAh i plan on some 5.5 pads, a compound, and defeiently the LCC Foam Wool Pad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast