autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transportable Cordless Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by about2bite View Post
    Thanks guys, I know this is kind of a miracle tool I'm asking for. The sanding is for pre-paint prep. I'm leaning toward Dewalt but I ran across the Flex PXE 80, anyone have any experience with this tool?
    I've seen a lot of positive feedback for the PXE 80, but again for the sounds of the scale of your job it's like using a palm sander to refinish a hardwood floor.

Post Thanks / Like

You could check out the Makita XOP02T. It's a cordless orbital with a free spinning mode that would be useful for machine sanding, and a forced rotation mode for powerful polishing. It's no rotary but it is a powerful tool, I have the corded version and it's very capable. However it is large so I'm not sure how transportable it would be in your situation.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The prices are prohibitive for me where I live, I am from Chile.
    That said, I've been looking at this polisher for a long time, made in Germany. Speed 500-3000 rpm.
    The price is tempting. And the same battery works for your entire range of cordless tools.
    With battery assembled it weighs 5.7 pounds
    What do you think?

PS: Clearly the guy doesn't have much experience in handling the machine

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I ran across this Diavolo company yesterday during my searching. Has anyone tried their tools? They seem like a nice value but I'm not finding much on them. Looking at their 16V polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, this is a little bit of a specific tool I'm looking for but hoping to find something that meets these needs:

Compact- something you can transport rather easily, I'll be taking it on a plane to help with a new paint job (need something for sanding and polishing) but will also be using it for some older cars needing attention.

Cordless-
    I'll need something battery powered

Rotary-
    Looking for an option that provides rotary polishing, as the main purpose is mild to heavy paint correction

I have a few corded rotary polishers and a Porter Cable but now really looking for something compact and cordless. I was looking at the Dewalt DCM849P2 kit but I know there are more compact options out there, wanted to see what you guys have seen/used and how that's worked. Thanks!
    Thanks guys, I ran across this Diavolo company yesterday during my searching. Has anyone tried their tools? They seem like a nice value but I'm not finding much on them. Looking at their 16V polisher
    Just to clarify - you're looking to do a whole car with a compact 3" polisher?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No, this will be for localized jobs. Need to sand down a door for paint, do minor correction on another car. Idk though I’m thinking the Dewalt is more versatile and I can toss a smaller backing plate on for now, it has a decent rpm range.

I can travel with the Dewalt, while not as convenient as the Flex I can still make it work.

Not finding much in this Diavolo company so I’m back to Flex vs. Dewalt.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have their 16v rotary and a new d/a. The rotary is fantastic for headlights and small areas, and I picked up their flex shaft polisher use with it.
    I have only used the d/a twice, once for applying sealant and it worked great. I tried it for headlights and it seemed underpowered. I will try it for B pillars soon, and report back.

Their shipping can be off, so I recommend using Paypal for the purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12