autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3D One With A Rotary Buffer and Lake Country Green Pads

I am planning on using my rotary buffer and Lake Country Green pads with the 3D One Polish to do a one step paint correction on my friends car. Is there a risk of installing holograms on the paint with this method? Should I also purchase finishing pads? If so I was planning on purchasing two finishing pads of each diameter and 4 of the Green Lake country pads of each diameter backing plates that I have. Otherwise it will be 6 of the Green Lake country AIO pads. Any input I can get is much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D One With A Rotary Buffer and Lake Country Green Pads

I have been polishing with a rotary for more years than I can count and still can't finish down hologram free. I have tried every technique, pad combo and polish known to man and still need to finish down with a DA.

Granted on some colors (white/silver) it may seem hologram free, but with the right light and angle its there.
    This is a scratch pattern that a rotary leaves behind, no getting around it.

Mike P is an experienced detailer, but I believe he still finishes with a DA especially on dark colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I have been polishing with a rotary for more years than I can count and still can't finish down hologram free. I have tried every technique, pad combo and polish known to man and still need to finish down with a DA.

Granted on some colors (white/silver) it may seem hologram free, but with the right light and angle its there.

Mike P is an experienced detailer, but I believe he still finishes with a DA especially on dark colors.
    Ok, Thanks I really appreciate the info!

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube In this video Mike shows us how to finish down with a rotary. I believe the key is in the amount of downward pressure you allow the machine to press down on the paint. 3D One With A Rotary Buffer and Lake Country Green Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlackJacob View Post
    YouTube In this video Mike shows us how to finish down with a rotary. I believe the key is in the amount of downward pressure you allow the machine to press down on the paint. 3D One With A Rotary Buffer and Lake Country Green Pads

Jeweling paint with a rotary on a vertical panel is easier said than done.

6. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes some experience to finish hologram free with a rotary. I have been using a rotary for many years and I still use a DA on some paints to finish hologram free.

With DA machines being more powerful, compounds and polish technology and pad technology where it’s at today, I would suggest the DA route then as you get involved more, you can give the rotary a shot.
    Jim

8. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeweling paint with a rotary on a vertical panel is easier said than done.
    Well, all I currently have is my rotary, which I'm still making payments on so i guess I'm going to have to figure it out, I also now plan to purchase the black finishing pads so maybe I'll just practice on a few junk cars first. I polished this hood the other day.

Also One thing I liked about the rotary was I didn't have to have multiple machines just change out the backing plates and get the correct size pads, as my budget wont currently allow me to purchase different sizes of DA polishers to fit various surface areas. I do plan to collect more machines I'm just not there yet. Also clients are currently few and far between, until I get my reputation up. 3D One With A Rotary Buffer and Lake Country Green Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary is a craft that is not learned over night. It took me countless hours to learn how to properly finish down with a rotary. I’m not saying you can’t do it. But I wouldn’t plan on watching some videos and picking up and thinking you can do it. There are many things on YouTube that look easy. But in reality are a lot harder than they. Stick with it and you will get it.

11. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes John U liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

This is rather sad news.

I bought a mini rotary for small areas. My first car will be white.

However, my car is blue. Can you get a decent finish with a finishing pad and a fine polish on blue paint - i'm not chasing perfection. I can't finished out with the DA its too large....

What speeds do you use - RPM. I'm just starting to research on how to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    This is rather sad news.

I bought a mini rotary for small areas. My first car will be white.

However, my car is blue. Can you get a decent finish with a finishing pad and a fine polish on blue paint - i'm not chasing perfection. I can't finished out with the DA its too large....

What speeds do you use - RPM. I'm just starting to research on how to use it.
    When you say mini rotary. What size pads are you using?

14. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast