autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DeWalt DWP849X or Makita 9227/9237

Quote Originally Posted by MIsnowman View Post
    I guess you're right about my example, but I think it's obvious where I was going with it. Warranties are a marketing gimmick IMO and often times don't represent the actual quality of the product. Sure they'll fix it or replace it when it fails, but that gets old fast if it keeps failing. Probably not the case here, (in an earlier post I said I liked my 849X) but I think it's still worth mentioning. Perhaps using Griots and Rupes would've been better?
    GG has a lifetime warranty on their polishers and they are as solid as anything else. their GG6 has been out for many years and has been proven to be an excellent tool. i wouldn't recommend it to anyone if i didn't believe in their products...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the same 9227 polisher for the last 12 years. I mainly use it for compounding with foamed purple wool pads or the Megs SOLO red/yellow wools pads. I have not had a single problem with it. The speed control servos keep the pad speed very constant. The polisher does not lack for power in any way. Cord problems are the users fault. Cord problems can happen on any polisher if bend it back and forth enough. It has a high quality cord though. The only time the machine has run hot on me is when working on a boat, which is only once in a while.

I would get which ever one is cheaper, although that over rev on the Dewalt does not sound good. That would add to polish sling in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    That's the reason Sears sold the Craftsman line.
    Exactly.

Also, I've never had an issue with Snap On's warranty. Maybe I just have a good tool guy, but anything and everything that has ever broke has been warrantied no questions asked.

Now back on topic....rotaries

Post Thanks / Like

Ok even I am on same boat, till now I was firm on dewalt but after reading this post, I did little kore search and found both are equally good with slight edge to Makita due to no jumping rpm and history of very long life. I will still grab the one with better deal. Thanks guys.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by desidetailer View Post

Ok even I am on same boat, till now I was firm on dewalt but after reading this post, I did little kore search and found both are equally good with slight edge to Makita due to no jumping rpm and history of very long life.

I will still grab the one with better deal.

Thanks guys.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either one.

When buffing out boats in bad shape, you'll tend to get any rotary buffer hot, as in the body of the tool HOT.

Doesn't matter if it's DeWALT, Makita, FLEX or any brand, it's the nature of the beast of pushing a wool pad against a neglected surface for usually HOURS.

The FLEX will shut itself off if it gets too hot which protects the tool. The others won't, which means they will harm themselves I guess.

In my boat detailing class, which is coming up in a few weeks, I run 6.5 and 7.5 wool pads on the FLEX PE14 and the DeWALTs, Makitas and even full size 3M rotary buffers. Smaller pads are much easier to control and easier on the tool.

Every class, people grab the PE14s first. Last to the tool rack gets the full size rotary buffers.

If that's any type of indicator or not I'll let everyone else decide.

6. Thanks subyfan thanked for this post
    Likes desidetailer, subyfan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. Bumping this thread again.
    So I contacted local dealers of both makita and dewalt. And the difference between both is $61(4000 rupees) approx, makita 9237c being more expensive. The dewalt here is from long time and 9237c is still fairly new here as so far people were still selling 9227 here. Now I almost made my mind to grab makita but current price of makita is a little over my budget. Had the difference been $30 I would have grabbed makita eyes shut. But now I am confused and considering dewalt again. Although I am not liking the shooting rpm thing of dewalt and after joining forum my heart is lean on makita only lol. Ahhhh decision decision.....

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for the Makita, but I upgraded from my cheapo HF rotary a few weeks ago after I finally killed it. It blew my mind how much quieter, smoother and more comfortable the DeWalt is. I don't know if I'd choose it over the Makita if I tried both, but I can assure you that I have zero regrets with purchasing the DeWalt. For the record, the soft start quirk doesn't bother me all, it's just one of those things (like every tool) that you learn, understand and then no longer even notice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks desidetailer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally heart won
    DeWalt DWP849X or Makita 9227/9237-fa878a22-1579-449d-8338-953bd2c49472-jpg
    DeWalt DWP849X or Makita 9227/9237-21723171-b38d-4d52-be8a-eb95c259a811-jpg

Now waiting to receive lc force hybrid pads from autogeek to try em out..
    Thanks guys for making me choose this..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123