autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system

Hey guys, I'm looking to order a set of pads today. Recently had the paint laid out on my car, and I'm looking to start with a fresh set of pads. I'm not interested in spending $25 a pad from 3m for them to turn to crap shortly after use. I want to give lake country a shot, but not sure what I should order as they have a lot of options available. I'm looking for a set that is comparable to the white / black / blue 3m pads, and my backing plate is falling apart now, so the appropriately matched backing plate as well. I'm looking for the 7.5" size (but could be talked into the 6.5 waffle pads that they have if someone makes a strong case for them) and I also like the versatility of having a curved edge from their other lines. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system

Not many use 7.5" pads or 3M, that seems more inclined to body shop combos.

Post Thanks / Like

I see, not to many body shop guys here huh. Is there an advantage to using a smaller pad?
    /

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use a rotary? If so I use the 6inch LC backing plate with 6.5inch LC ccs pads. I've also used the LC waffle pro pads and had great results. It's all in what works for you. I use those select pads because i just don't like flat foam pads. I aalso run a meguires wool pad for heavy cutting. When you do order pads make sure you get a couple of each because your gonna need em. It's nice switching to a fresh pad after a couple panels and it also keeps the pad working at its highest potential. If you use a DA then someone else will have good suggestions. I learned on a rotary years ago and that's what I'm comfortable with. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I use a rotory, but I also have a pneumatic DA that I use for wax / final light polishing. I too dislike flat pads, so I went with the waffle pro design. I grabbed 2 of the course, and 1 of each of the others to try out. I'll eventually try the CCS pads as well (as the 6 pack makes them a bit cheaper). Nice to meet a fellow NC detailer, I'm over here in wilmington not far from you at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea not far at all. Small world. I'm in Wilmington every other week doin cars at a couple doctors offices. Nice to meet ya man

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by VAS View Post

Hey guys, I'm looking to order a set of pads today. Recently had the paint laid out on my car, and I'm looking to start with a fresh set of pads.
    What did you get painted?

I'm not interested in spending $25 a pad from 3m for them to turn to crap shortly after use. I want to give lake country a shot, but not sure what I should order as they have a lot of options available. I'm looking for a set that is comparable to the white / black / blue 3m pads, and my backing plate is falling apart now, so the appropriately matched backing plate as well.

I'm looking for the 7.5" size (but could be talked into the 6.5 waffle pads that they have if someone makes a strong case for them) and I also like the versatility of having a curved edge from their other lines.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here's the backing plate

6 Inch Rotary Backing Plate Use this backing plate with the Lake Country 7.5 inch pads. The 6 inch backing plate fits perfectly into this recess so

Here's curved 7.5" LC pads for rotary buffers that fit the above backing plate.

CCS 7.5 foam pads, lake country 7.5 inch pads, 7 inch ccs foam pads, ccs pads by lake country, lake country mfg, lake country manufacturing

The orange cutting, white polishing and blue fine polishing, glazing or waxing pads would be a good starter set that should duplicate what the 3M pads do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, that will be apart of my next order.

I ordered that same backing plate with the waffle pads, that shouldn't be an issue right?

Also it's a 1970 Corvette in Laguna Gray.

Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system-img_9479-jpg

Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system-img_9478-jpg

Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system-img_9575-jpg

Lake Country Pad set for 3m Perfect-it 3000 system-img_8986-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice color. Almost a gray mixed with gunmetal. Looks good man

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike, that will be apart of my next order.
    I think you'll end up liking the curved LC CCS pads on your rotary if you're a rotary guy.

I ordered that same backing plate with the waffle pads, that shouldn't be an issue right?
    That backing plate will work, I think it make be a little undersized but as long as you center your pads up it will work just fine.

Also it's a 1970 Corvette in Laguna Gray.
    I >clicked< on your attached thumbnails and checked out your pictures and all I can say is...

WOW!

You really took your Corvette apart! Paint color looks great!

Can't wait to see her all re-assembled and back on the road.