autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rotary vs DA

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary vs DA

I have about 10 years detailing experience and have always used a rotary buffer. Is there anyone out there that has use the rotary buffer for most of their time detailing and then switch to a da buffer? I see everybody using them nowadays but I don't want to spend the money if I don't like it because I'm so used to the rotary buffer. Any feedback will help thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rotary vs DA

I've been detailing everyday for the last 23 years.Breaking the habit of not using the rotary on everything I touched was hard.The da is 100 percent halogram free less mess and sling and less steps on occasion.with all the new polishes and pads introduced now,using a rotary is overkill.I only use it on isolated deep scratches and damp sanding and really severe oxidation projects.other than that you have to get with the times,and do less work quickly without killing yourself.I recommend the griots da.But also you have to have a different technique vs the rotary.utube mike Phillips videos on da techniques then make the purchase if your convinced.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rotary vs DA

Ive been doing alot of research on the d.a polishers and i think i would be more comfortable with the griots long throw. Ive held alot of different d.a.'s the past few weeks and i think i need to get over the shortness of them. In reality it seems like you could get into tighter spaces but it just feels weird holding such a short polisher. I guess its like anything, over time i would get use to it. Another thing is the smaller 6 inch pads. Im use to a bigger pad....shorter buffer and smaller pad only makes sense for precise buffing it seems. Guess i have to get with the times. Lol