autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: menzerna fg400 then one-step polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sansa View Post
    It's not a problem of sealant. I'm just trying to understand if the combo will produce a better result than the fg400+sf4000 in terms of quality...
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned menzerna cut and gloss in one.very nice easy to use product,with superior results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned menzerna cut and gloss in one.very nice easy to use product,with superior results.
    What's the new name of this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know it removes lighter scratches because, as you can see from menzerna's datasheets, sf4000 gives a 10/10 gloss and 3in1 gives a 9/10 gloss...

But are we sure the great gap between fg400 and sf4000 does not leave any medium scratch?

I mean there is some kind of overlapping between fg400 and 3in1, just like there is an overlap in the really precise 4 step cycles. While fg400 gloss is 8 (so it removes a lot of heavy and medium scratches), the sf4000 has a cut of 2 or 3 and the 3in1 has a cut of 5. This could mean that if we use 3in1 after fg400 we are 100% sure we removed every significant scratch of heavy and medium size... I don't know if that's a correct way of thinking but obviously this makes me think that we have a lower probability with sf4000 and that we could leave some medium scratches if we don't work really very well with the two products... An other way to say that is if we make mistakes we surely get a better result with the fg400+3in1 cycle...

Personally, (if I'm considering a 2 step process) I'd love to eliminate medium scratches and swirls instead of dealing with really light scratches to reach a 10/10 gloss...

What do you think?

datasheets:
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_..._HCC400_01.pdf
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_...DS_OSP3in1.pdf
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_...TDS_SF3800.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by EzyBrzy View Post
    here's a chart.

UPDATED 9/2015: Autopia Polish Comparison Chart

sf4000 is a finer polish producing a better finish
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •If the AIO's Sealant component is
    to be totally disregarded, then, IMO:
    -Following a compound (the FG400) with
    an AIO (the 3-n-1) is not a best cycle.

•Therefore...By process of elimination:
    -I'm going to select your NO. 1 (fg400+sf4000)
    as the best cycle, as it pertains in this scenario.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great scheme to explain better what I mean with overlapping.
    You can see the 3in1 covers the entire medium, finish and protection section while the sf4000 covers a little space in the finish section.
    You can understand that basically if you use fg400+3in1 you're working twice to remove medium scratches (IMHO really more important than very light scratches to reach 10/10 gloss) and you are really sure you removed them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails menzerna fg400 then one-step polish-1451519936059-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know it removes lighter scratches because, as you can see from menzerna's datasheets, sf4000 gives a 10/10 gloss and 3in1 gives a 9/10 gloss...

But are we sure the great gap between fg400 and sf4000 does not leave any medium scratch?

I mean there is some kind of overlapping between fg400 and 3in1, just like there is an overlap in the really precise 4 step cycles. While fg400 gloss is 8 (so it removes a lot of heavy and medium scratches), the sf4000 has a cut of 2 or 3 and the 3in1 has a cut of 5. This could mean that if we use 3in1 after fg400 we are 100% sure we removed every significant scratch of heavy and medium size... I don't know if that's a correct way of thinking but obviously this makes me think that we have a lower probability with sf4000 and that we could leave some medium scratches if we don't work really very well with the two products... An other way to say that is if we make mistakes we surely get a better result with the fg400+3in1 cycle...

Personally, (if I'm considering a 2 step process) I'd love to eliminate medium scratches and swirls instead of dealing with really light scratches to reach a 10/10 gloss...

What do you think?

datasheets:
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_..._HCC400_01.pdf
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_...DS_OSP3in1.pdf
    https://www.menzerna.com/uploads/tx_...TDS_SF3800.pdf
    You can see the 3in1 covers the entire medium, finish and protection section while the sf4000 covers a little space in the finish section.
    You can understand that basically if you use fg400+3in1 you're working twice to remove medium scratches (IMHO really more important than very light scratches to reach 10/10 gloss) and you are really sure you removed them
    I'd like to wrap this all up and neatly tie
    a bow around it by saying, in a nutshell:

All of your concerns regarding which combination
    of Menzerna's "correction fluids" to use for this, or
    other detailing projects, can probably be resolved
    by first performing the obligatory: "Test Spot".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. Is that a good idea to use the one step polish 3in1 after fg400 instead of the same old sf4000?
    I know the one step polish has the same cutting properties of the pf2500 but carries to a gloss finished and waxed surface... so why not?
    I would.

There have been occasions when I used M105 followed by M66. I could see an occasion where I would do the same with Menzerna.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do it but you are shorting your self of gloss, as 3in1 has more abrasives then sf4000, it will look good. But its not going to beat fg400 and sf4000.

However on some paints , (especially hard clears) 3in1 can look better then sf4000.

But 9 times out of 10 I'm going sf4000

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can tell, you're over thinking this. If you use FG400 to remove all the heavy scratches, you will also remove all the medium scratches by default.

menzerna fg400 then one-step polish-imageuploadedbytapatalk1451538724-563207-jpg

I hope that pic shows up. If you abrade the paint with a compound going after the ones labeled deep scratches or deeper isolated random scratches, you get the medium ones too. It's the nature of the beast.

After compounding, your concern should not be on much besides polishing to remove any faint marring or defects left by your compound. Enter finish polishes.

Either 3in1 or 4000 or whatever it's new name is will work. However, 3in1 has a gloss of 9 per menzernas chart while 4000 has a gloss of 10.

So, if gloss is your only concern, use 4000(3500 by new labels I think). Finish with any wax you want. Anything, Wolfgang sealant for long lasting protection or sovereign for a short lived beauty wax.

If you want to save a step and can accept slightly less gloss, finish with 3in1. It has a built in sealant so no need to wax after. So instead of waxing after polishing, have a beverage of your choice and admire your work.

Lastly, as Bob said, do a test spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. Is that a good idea to use the one step polish 3in1 after fg400 instead of the same old sf4000?
    I know the one step polish has the same cutting properties of the pf2500 but carries to a gloss finished and waxed surface... so why not?
    For the best looking finish, FG400, SF4000, PL or CL.

For a faster approach but missing out in looks, FG400 then 3n1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast