autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire rinseless streaking?

I've used the stuff every way I can think of and no matter what, I still get streaks. I've used it at an ounce to two gallons of distilled water, the same dilution with tap water, and the last time I used it at half an ounce to 2 gallons. I did my traditional gdwm with it, used a waffle weave to dry it and followed behind with a microfiber for a final buff. Even still, I was left with streaking. The only way I've found to get rid of it without rubbing fairly hard is to follow behind with a qd (I use af finale). Is there a trick to using this that I'm missing?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire rinseless streaking?

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    I've used the stuff every way I can think of and no matter what, I still get streaks. I've used it at an ounce to two gallons of distilled water, the same dilution with tap water, and the last time I used it at half an ounce to 2 gallons. I did my traditional gdwm with it, used a waffle weave to dry it and followed behind with a microfiber for a final buff. Even still, I was left with streaking. The only way I've found to get rid of it without rubbing fairly hard is to follow behind with a qd (I use af finale). Is there a trick to using this that I'm missing?
    Is the panel you're working on cool to the touch?

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I used the wash, I did it in sunlight so from that point on, I made sure to park in the garage for a while, but it didn't help.

Post Thanks / Like

I've even went so far as to dry with a new towel and buff off with a new towel every panel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've even went so far as to dry with a new towel and buff off with a new towel every panel.
    Couple questions about your towel(s).

1. What kind are they?
    2. How are you washing them?
    3. How often do you wash them?

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold plush jrs, and griots waffle weave and griots green speed wipe I believe they are called. All were new out of the package except I used uber microfibers to wash with, and they were older, but were only ever washed with other microfibers, none of which were used with wax or a sealant. I had washed them with tide or more recently pinnacle micro restore. I want to say that it is the polymers that stay behind that I am having trouble with. It isn't like it's dirty or anything (I used a white microfiber in a test spot), it is just like streaks and haze everywhere until I go back over it. I did try the rinseless at qd strength on a light mist on another microfiber and had the same outcome. On a side note, I do absolutely love the product. It cleans very well and is very slick, if I could just figure this out, I would be extremely happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold plush jrs, and griots waffle weave and griots green speed wipe I believe they are called. All were new out of the package except I used uber microfibers to wash with, and they were older, but were only ever washed with other microfibers, none of which were used with wax or a sealant. I had washed them with tide or more recently pinnacle micro restore. I want to say that it is the polymers that stay behind that I am having trouble with. It isn't like it's dirty or anything (I used a white microfiber in a test spot), it is just like streaks and haze everywhere until I go back over it. I did try the rinseless at qd strength on a light mist on another microfiber and had the same outcome. On a side note, I do absolutely love the product. It cleans very well and is very slick, if I could just figure this out, I would be extremely happy.
    Only thing I can think of at this point is that it's not liking your wax or sealant....I would try the product on a different vehicle and see if it works differently.

Other than that, make sure you rotate towels often so you always have a DRY towel to perform the "final wipe" to ensure all streaks have been removed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check that out. Thank you for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I never have any streaking issue with this. Use a Grey micro fiber to wash with and dry with a Mequires water magnet.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree - never had issues and I don't even do a final buff, the revised GDWM. The cobra WW works great for it but I keep all products in the BF system (polish / Crystal seal / BFMS / poly spray).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast