autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ToyMotorsports View Post
    i'm going to add the pictures to the first post once i figure out how to upload images that is lol.
    Sounds good. I'll do some experimenting with it as well with time and temperature when I get a chance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte

ok for some reason i thought i could edit the post but i cannot so this will have to do.

so i would like to start by apologizing for the pics i took the best shots that i possibly could with my phone because that is all i had available.

with that said the streaks you will see in each section are like that for the whole section not just that one spot i tried getting the best angles that i could.

i hung the vinyl on my cabinet at work and divided the section into 5 minute increments starting with the immediate wipe off and ending at a 35 minute wait.

all i used to try and remove the jet seal was just a dry microfiber and moderate pressure no matte detailer was used. however i left the vinyl where it is so in the morning i can try to remove what is left with the matte detailer. if that doesn't work i will reapply the jet seal like CG technical support suggested and try removing that with the detailer as well.

but for now this is what i got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-1-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-image-6-jpg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-2-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-3-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-4-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-5-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-6-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-image-7-jpg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-7-aspx-jpeg  

Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-8-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-9-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-10-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-11-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-12-aspx-jpeg   Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte-getattachment-13-aspx-jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like

those pictures look small and horrible how do i post them right to the thread and not as attachments?

Post Thanks / Like

Just take the link to the picture and embed by hitting the little picture icon in the top of the posting area.
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I'm not going to post pics with the detail spray removal because my camera won't pick up what's left. Although the streaks are barely noticeable on the vinyl I can still see them. Honestly the 10 minute and under ones look great the immediately removed square looks the best it's a deep sharp black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ToyMotorsports View Post
    Ok so I'm not going to post pics with the detail spray removal because my camera won't pick up what's left. Although the streaks are barely noticeable on the vinyl I can still see them. Honestly the 10 minute and under ones look great the immediately removed square looks the best it's a deep sharp black.
    I wonder though if you just remove it immediately does it protect the vinyl like it should?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

wowo ! A good idea . Bad reps to CG , if they can t back a Distributor , what they ll do to a simple guy that takes care of his rides !

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how well it's protected but it's darker and sharper then the bare vinyl that was covered by tape so there is some protection there I'm not sure how long it would last.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep , just leave it there & look forward to your long term tests .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys and Gals. I too ended up with a horrible white deposit on my bikes tank. I tried everything to no avail. Then my nephew suggested I try WD40. Worked like magic and left a really nice finish so I did the whole bike with it. Lovely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123