autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's HD wheel cleaner

Okay I'm leaning toward Wolf's deironizer since it's on sale and I can use it for decon as well as wheels. Then I noticed the HD wheel cleaner which is also a good price. Anyone have any opinions.
    I know I will get dual purpose out of the Wolf's that is why I am leaning towards it.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's HD wheel cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    Okay I'm leaning toward Wolf's deironizer since it's on sale and I can use it for decon as well as wheels. Then I noticed the HD wheel cleaner which is also a good price. Anyone have any opinions.
    I know I will get dual purpose out of the Wolf's that is why I am leaning towards it.
    I really like gg hd wheel cleaner i got uber by the gallon when it was on sale but i like gg better

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's HD is certainly an excellent wheel cleaner but didn't find it stood out from the pack. When it's on sale probably a good choice; when not see what else is available. Several of these newer generation wheel cleaners just seem to be running a tied race to me.

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a bad wheel cleaner, definitely not a leader IMO. I do like Sonax FE, I just don't like the price tag that comes with it. I have been using my last bottle of GG HD just so I can use the bottle for another product...sad but true.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's stronger than soap and water, it's weaker than sonax fe, which ends up as a product to use for a little more than a maintenance cleaner.

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's HD is significantly stronger than Griot's regular wheel cleaner, which is mild, for every 2 or 3 weeks. Griot's HD is also significantly weaker and cheaper than Sonax.

If you clean your wheels regularly, Griot's regular is strong enough. If you drive a lot and wait 3 weeks, Griot's HD is an excellent choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots HD is good, but not great. In my testing, I followed Griots with Iron-X and did get more color change. I tried following iron-x with griots and did not get any more color change.

Griots seems to be able to dwell longer than the other OTC option, Meg's DUB wheel cleaner. But DUB wheel cleaner cleans a bit better. Both require agitation.

To me, Griots is a good mid-range wheel cleaner. You don't need it for lightly soiled wheels and it won't cut it on wheel that haven't been cleaned in 6+ months.