autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eco Shine vs Infinite Use Detail Juice: Waterless Wash Head to Head

I am a big supporter of rinseless wash/waterless wash products.
    They are quick, easy, safe, and eco-friendly. Many companies make these products, Shine Supply, Adams Polishes, Garry Dean, Optimum, etc. Today we are going to compare the extremely concentrated Infinite Use Detail Juice by Garry Dean and the fairly new Eco Shine by Shine Supply. There will be five categories that I think are the most important when looking for waterless/rinseless wash products. They are slickness, ease of removal, cleaning ability, smell, and cost.

Slickness
    When using a waterless wash you do not have water to help lubricate the surface so the product itself needs to be very slick to make up for that. While the Infinite Use Detail Juice is definitely slick and gets the job done safely, I give the edge to the Eco Shine. It is just more slippery and glides very easy over the surface, even without a presoak.

Ease of removal
    Just like any product you put on a vehicle, you want it to removal easily so there can be as little contact with the surface as possible. The Eco Shine won the slickness test, but that is also its downfall in the ease of removal. While it is not hard to remove, it does take longer, most likely due to what makes it so slick. It seems to take more passes to get it all off. With that said this round would have to go to the Infinite Use Detail Juice. This will remove is just a couple swipes, thus reducing your time spent on each panel.

Cleaning ability
    Waterless washes have amazing cleaning abilities. They are drastically underrated on what they are capable, mostly because many people do not trust them to be as safe on very contaminated surfaces. Both of these products remove contamination very well but there is one area that the Infinite Use Detail Juice has the edge. That would be bug removal. While both products will remove bugs, the Infinite Use Detail juice is always able to get them off in one pass whereas the Eco Shine takes two passes at times.

Smell
    This may seems unimportant to some people, but a good smelling product can make for a much better experience when using it, no one was a strong chemical smell. Neither of these products has a chemical smell, but the Eco Shine smells just a bit better. The Infinite Use Detail Juice is not bad at all, it is just more subdued, which some may like.

Cost
    All of these prices are based on 32oz bottles. The Shine Supply Eco Shine sells for $18 + shipping for a 32oz bottle. They recommend 1oz per 2 gallons of water, meaning it is about $0.56/oz of product. When doing a rinseless wash I normally have 4 gallons of water, meaning this product would be about $1.13 per wash. The Infinite Use Detail Juice sells for a much higher price at $63.99 for a 32oz bottle, coming out to about $1.99/oz of product, but does have free shipping. However, it is much more concentrated, as they recommend 1oz per 4 gallons of water, meaning it is only $1.99 per wash. They also give a ratio for a spray solution at 2.5oz per gallon, making that about $4.99 per spray solution. However, with is being such a concentrated product you do not always need to buy a 32oz bottle, they offer all the way down to 8oz. Even though the Infinite Use Detail Juice is more concentrated, the price difference is still too much. Even though you must pay shipping, the cost per wash will be cheaper with the Eco Shine.

Conclusion
    Although the Eco Shine won three out of five, it is not necessarily the clear cut winner. These products actually work amazing together. Use the Infinite Use Detail Juice for its better cleaning ability and use it as a panel presoak, then proceed to wash with the Eco Shine due to its increased slickness. These products together work fantastic and it is what I use for my waterless washes. However, if I was to pick only one to use, I would reach for the Eco Shine. The price per wash is less and even if a little bit extra is needed to clean more, you would be at around the same price point. Thus making the increased slickness the deciding factor for me.

@glossangelesdtga

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eco Shine vs Infinite Use Detail Juice: Waterless Wash Head to Head

Any more reviews on products that AG does not carry? Your Adam's post was already removed.