autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How Thick is Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish?

I've received about 5 PMs this morning with the question "how thick is the new Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish?"

I like to answer a question with a picture when I can...

When your vehicle was painted at the factory, great care was taken to prepare the surface to ensure that the delicate paint system would remain intact for the life of the vehicle. The same care needs to be taken when preparing the surface for a Diamond coating.

The most important step in prepping the surface for application of a Diamond coating is to use Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. If you do not use Surface Cleansing Polish before applying one of the Diamond coatings, the result will be complete failure of the coating.

Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish is a non-abrasive, water-based polish that gently removes embedded dirt and grime, restoring a natural brilliance to your vehicle’s paintwork. Use this thick cream to prep your vehicle’s paint, wheels, and glass for application of a Black Label Diamond coating. Water-based formulation promotes proper bonding thanks to its wax, silicone, and oil free formula; polished surfaces can be coated immediately after application.

Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish is a thick cream that can be applied by hand or machine. For this application, I used a Lake Country EZ-Grip Hydro-Tech TANGERINE Hand Applicator.
    Review & How-To: Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Thick is Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish?

Thanks for bringing this to the forum where all can see.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like too know the temp range of the Black Label products.
    I do not have a garage but still weather permitting clean my car. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick!

Really looking forward to giving this line a go!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

"If you do not use Surface Cleansing Polish before applying one of the Diamond coatings, the result will be complete failure of the coating."

This has me wondering. To me this sounds like you have to buy this product, or have this product to even put on the Diamond Coating. What is in this that make it a must buy for the coating.

I would think a IPA wipe down, to make sure the surface is absolutely clear of any residue, would do the trick so the coatings can bond with the CC. Numerous other products have this same type of warning, or product to match the coatings. GTechniq is one for sure.

Why would I need to use a product to clean and remove any debris when I just did a claying then Two- Step correction and a IPA wipe down??? There is no need to clean it and definitely no debris to pull out. Unless there is something specific to the Diamond line in the product. That is the unknown, but I wish someone would tell us so we don't have to make a 50$ purchase to test and find out.

Just some thoughts on this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    "If you do not use Surface Cleansing Polish before applying one of the Diamond coatings, the result will be complete failure of the coating."

This has me wondering. To me this sounds like you have to buy this product, or have this product to even put on the Diamond Coating. What is in this that make it a must buy for the coating.

I would think a IPA wipe down, to make sure the surface is absolutely clear of any residue, would do the trick so the coatings can bond with the CC. Numerous other products have this same type of warning, or product to match the coatings. GTechniq is one for sure.

Why would I need to use a product to clean and remove any debris when I just did a claying then Two- Step correction and a IPA wipe down??? There is no need to clean it and definitely no debris to pull out. Unless there is something specific to the Diamond line in the product. That is the unknown, but I wish someone would tell us so we don't have to make a 50$ purchase to test and find out.

IPA doesn't always remove 100% of the polishing oils, fillers, silicones, and waxes that are on the surface. In order for a coating to properly bond to the surface, all of the above must be removed. Plus, IPA is very grabby, making it easy to mar the finish you just spent hours perfecting. This is what we call working backwards.

Surface Cleansing Polish is actually $29.99, and a little bit goes a long way. One bottle is enough for quite a few applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post

You should test it. You should get all the Pinnacle coatings, polish your car, and coat it - without using the surface prep.

Fill us in what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

How about using DG Squeaky Clean?? It's essentially the same type of product--a cream based cleaner that leaves nothing behind to prep paint for coatings. Only $10 per 8 oz bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    How about using DG Squeaky Clean?? It's essentially the same type of product--a cream based cleaner that leaves nothing behind to prep paint for coatings. Only $10 per 8 oz bottle.
    I'm not too familiar with DG Squeaky Clean, but from what I've heard you can use it and go right to a coating as well. I can't confirm or deny that it's going to be compatible with the Black Label Coatings.

For something like this, it's best to stick with the manufacturer's recommendations. Worst case scenario, ff the coating doesn't bond with another product, you'll just have to re-start the process and use what the manufacturer recommends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    IPA doesn't always remove 100% of the polishing oils, fillers, silicones, and waxes that are on the surface. In order for a coating to properly bond to the surface, all of the above must be removed. Plus, IPA is very grabby, making it easy to mar the finish you just spent hours perfecting. This is what we call working backwards.

Surface Cleansing Polish is actually $29.99, and a little bit goes a long way. One bottle is enough for quite a few applications.

So far, I've done a Cadillac Escalade ESV, a Bentley GTC and a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have about 1/2 a bottle left
    John
    Mean people suck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast