autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lets hear it!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hear it!!!

What are your thoughts on Chemical guys and your favorite products.

Second what are your guys favorite

clays
    compounds
    polishes
    interior cleaners
    glass cleaners
    wheel cleaners
    selants
    and soaps
    pads

thanks i am still very new to auto detailing just wanting to make the right purchases the first time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets hear it!!!

not just chemical guy products but in general

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means a professional but enjoy reading the forums and feel I may give you a commonly agreed on list of quality products. These may not be the best products available but they're a pretty good bang for your buck.

Clay- almost all clay bought at local chain stores will be fine grade and doesn't usually mar your paint but still has enough bite to decontaminate the average paint. To my understanding there is hardly any difference between brands when dealing with fine grade clay. Companies such as Meg's make more aggressive grades such as mild and aggressive if you feel the need to have those in your arsenal.

Compounds/Polishes - Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish by Meg's are the consumer versions of M105/M205 and are very user friendly for the most part. They are both extremely affordable but if you decide to step up to M105 it does come with a learning curve that I have not conquered completely yet myself. (The key is using small amounts of product.)

Interior Cleaners- Usually just an automotive APC such as Meg's D103 will be sufficient diluted for certain tasks but some like Optimum Power Clean diluted for tackling higher-end interiors as it is a little safer if I understand correctly.

Glass Cleaners- I prefer Sprayway aerosol but for a very economical purchase you may want to look into the Meguiar's glass cleaner concentrate. And don't forget a few good towels, specifically waffle weave towels which will help with less streaking. Another option that seems to be gaining popularity is CarPro's FastGlass towels.

Wheel Cleaner-For a maintenance and light grime wheel I have recently acquired CG's Diablo wheel gel diluted at 6:1 and like it so far. For heavy brake dust cars (german sports cars) Sonax Full effect seems to be a favorite. For over the counter Mother's foaming wheel and tire cleaner is a good product. For tires I use Meg's D103 diluted 4:1 and a foaming sprayer (very economical but does a good job).

Sealents- I do not have a lot of experience with sealants but I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and have good luck with it. Applies and removes easily.

Soaps- for over the counter you can go wrong with Meg's Gold Class or Duragloss 901. For heavily soiled cars I like to use CG's Citrus Wash & Gloss. Optimum soap seems to be a favorite for the money.

Pads-depend on the machine. I have a Flex 3401 so I run the Hybrid pads.

Hope that helps and if any more-experienced detailers have insight on my answers don't be afraid to disagree with my answers.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of their products , I never had issuies or regrets using the products I bought from
    them.
    Their prices are very good too

Maxi-Suds
    EZ Cream Glaze ( my favorite product out of all I own)
    V34
    V36
    Super V.R.P
    All of my pads were bought from them

Yeah you could say I'm a big fan of CG'S

I'll be buying more products from then in the near future.