autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile detail king products

i was wondering if anyone has ever tried products from detail king like there polishes and waxes are they any good or junk? i found them on the net at Mobile auto detailing, reconditioning, equipment, supplies and training schools any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: detail king products

No need for them everything you need is here and just a click away .
    Lamborghini Broward

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i know autogeek has everything i need and all quality products i plan on making a pretty large purchase with them any day now. i was just on the net and came across them and was wondering how there stuff is and if anybody has used it?

Post Thanks / Like

That product line is set up for assembly line detail operations. You can find them at dealerships and large daily turn out operations. Better products are available at similar cost.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone familiar with their training? They are close to me, and going to AG in Fla. Is too expensive right now. I did just buy Mike's book and watched his videos on AG website. Maybe that's good until I can go to ag? Thoughts?

Sent from my MB886 using AG Online

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcope View Post
    Anyone familiar with their training? They are close to me, and going to AG in Fla. Is too expensive right now. I did just buy Mike's book and watched his videos on AG website. Maybe that's good until I can go to ag? Thoughts?

Sent from my MB886 using AG Online
    Yes that should help you alot

Post Thanks / Like

I just went through their training, and they were great. Good guys and knowledgable. I plan on going to Mike's training at some point too and will try to work that into a future vacation.
    I'm using both sites for products, so far D.T. King's products have worked well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I took their training two years ago and had a great time and learned a lot. Detail King's training focuses on two parts: the business aspect of starting a detailing business on day 1 and how to use the equipment and products on day 2. The downside is if the class has a large attendance, you may not get as much hands-on time in the shop as you might like. The upside is if you don't have much background in running a business, they will help you with your business plan and how to deal with problems you will encounter as a detailer.

As far as their products go, I like many of their products especially their Blue Diamond polish-sealant, but I still have a selection of other brands, such as Meguiar's, Blackfire and Gloss-It.

If you're wondering if you should go, I highly recommend it. At a later time, spending a weekend with Mike Phillips at AG's garage would give you a well-rounded education as Mike's classes focus almost exclusively on tools and materials.

A third alternative is to schedule a week in Big Bear Lake CA with Renny Doyle, "Jedi Master" of detailing. He works one-on-one so as you'd expect, his classes are expensive but the training is top-notch.