autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuums

Post Thanks / Like

Question Vacuums

So I have been looking around on AG's retail site and the forum to find out which vacuum is really the best one for the job. I really like the idea (power, maybe?) of the Autobahn wallmount vacuum set for 219.99 I also like the DP shop vac system. Like I have said before I am working out of a garage not a van (why I like the Autobahn). What are some things I should look for when I am in the market for the vacuum?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacuums

This works pretty well? My question with these units has always been (I am sure I am wrong) but when you turn on the blower part of the machine does it blow what is inside of it? or does it retrive air from outside the unit?

Post Thanks / Like

To full maximize the blower one must remove the back end and pull the bag out that collects all the debris to maximize the airflow getting sucked in. For the first 2 seconds blow it away from the vehicle to flush out the hoses but thats all you need.

The metro vac is a great vacuum but one thing that doesn't get mentioned with all of its hype is that its not a wet dry vac. I've had one for a little less than a year and if you do carpets that have had drink spills recently or are still slightly wet from when you clean carpets or any other moisture standing and you need to do a quick vac before leaving, then that moisture can harm your vac. Mines messed up already and its not even a year old! There are a few really good wet dry shop vacs out there that have the same or higher water lift as the metro vac and they are about in the same price range if not cheaper too. Yes it would be nice to have the blower feature, but in the long run I think you'll find out quickly that you'll really be wishing you had bought a wet dry vac just as powerful as the metro instead

Post Thanks / Like

Hoover guv, unless you need a wet vac. Had a metro for 6 years,great machine. But for half the price the Hoover has just as much if not more power. 32 foot hose helps too. And it is quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Wet/dry is what I do need. I am glad you made that a point. I will will have to look around for some good ones. Higher the HP the better?

Post Thanks / Like

These are great vacuums. You can get it from Sears online at a good price.
    PF51 Wet Dry Vac Review

Post Thanks / Like

The Home Depot rigid vacs are nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoacheC View Post
    Wet/dry is what I do need. I am glad you made that a point. I will will have to look around for some good ones. Higher the HP the better?
    Read my review and watch the videos on it for the PF51. The performance of a vacuum is measured by both the CFM and water lift. You want both to be a high number. I've had my PF51 for over a year and absolutely love it. It is a very strong performer. The company makes big commercial units, so this one is like a smaller version of one of their big work horses. I would still replace it tomorrow with the exact same thing if it was stolen. I think that's the highest praise you can give a tool.
    Just for giggles, I put the end of the hose on my forearm and tried to shake it loose. I could not. In fact, it gave my arm a nice hickie, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    The Home Depot rigid vacs are nice.
    x2 and you can get the blower one as well. Thats what i use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast