autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Having trouble with my foam cannon

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I'm using the foam cannon hp with my karcher pressure washer. For some reason I can't get it to stop leaking from the place where the foam cannon attaches to the pressure washer gun. Has anyone had this problem?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Having trouble with my foam cannon

I am having the same issue with new AG Foam Cannon HP. I have a Karcher K2.38 1600 psi and it has a lot back pressure from the plastic Karcher attachment. This is causing hardly any pressure for the cannon to work properly. I hope there is a solution for this. I just got the foam cannon 2 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I know what it is. There is a small O ring inside the Karcher adapter. If it becomes dislodged, wrinkled, tears, or is missing it will leak where the adapter twists into the gun on the Karcher. You can simpley get a new plastic adapter, or take the old one apart to try to fix it. If you remove the plastic gun adapter from the pipe that goes into the cannon, inside there is a plastic tube and an O ring. They are removable from the threaded (fat) side of the adapter. The plastic tube comes out first, then the O ring. Your plastic tube may be a little "smashed in", so it may be hard to remove. You likely can remove it by just banging the adapter on the table, thread side down. The O ring is behind it. The O ring has to be seated just below the tube at the lowest point correctly and in good shape. There is a U Tube video of a British guy demonstrating all this, but you have to search for it. This is very common issue when the cannon leaks from the joint where it goes into the gun. The O ring may be missing, if so, you can probably just size one up from a hardware store. If you can't get the plastic tube out of the adapter ( if you play with it long enough you will), just order a new adapter, as they are very hard to locate locally. Good luck, hope I explained it correctly.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I saw that youtube video of how the British guys takes apart the bayonet. From watching this, I found out that my Karcher adaptor didn't come with the inner tube or O-ring. I am going to give AG a call since I just got in my foam cannon 3 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I helped. I had a similar issue. Bought just the adapter from AG, it came in pieces in the envelope. So, I reassembled it with the O ring in the wrong spot. As you guessed it leaked all over. I thought the G Foam cannon I had just bought was the issue, as when this happens it does seem like the cannon is causing too much back pressure. So, I returned the cannon, thinking it was the problem. That led my to just buy a Karcher brand foam cannon, as no adapter is required. Wasn't till after a this I stumbled upon the You Tube video.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Karcher washer, but it is one of the bigger gas powered ones with the metal, screw type connectors. And as soon as I got it I converted all the hose ends and connectors on the washer to quick release connectors.

If you want I can send you the source for the quick release connectors since it is not a product that Autogeek carries.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys i was also told that i should tape the threads to prevent leaking? is it true? if yes what kind of tape ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon tape