autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried Optimum Power Clean = :(

Quote Originally Posted by matth9 View Post
    I did 2:1 for the entire car, and it cleaned the wheel and tires that were destroyed with brake dust and mud
    So it does work well on wheels and tires too?

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sulla View Post
    I think megs adams pinnacle and many if not most detailing brands are made in the US ? cmiiw
    Yes but just wanted to be sure some who thought made in America was important knew it.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yes but just wanted to be sure some who thought made in America was important knew it.
    I agree completely. If you can buy American then why not support your own!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

How does that stuff smell? Does it deodorize at all?

Post Thanks / Like

$40 for a gallon seems rediculously high for a APC! the apc i use now is less than $9 per gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    $40 for a gallon seems rediculously high for a APC! the apc i use now is less than $9 per gallon.
    I hear you, BUT, its the ONLY APC that will touch the paint on expensive cars that I maintain. For cleaning tires and wheel well's I also use a 12 dollar a gallon APC.

3:1 is a fantastic ratio. Its totally safe on leather, unfinished metals and leather, and any automotive surface at full strength as well. It will also safely clean your wheel's of brake dust better than that 100 dollar gallon of wheel gel cleaner.

Spray it on bugs and it litterally MELTS them away.

With OPC your paying for a product that is superior and SAFE everywhere. Considering how reasonably priced OPT products are compared to the rest of the market, when you see the 35 dollar price tag on the OPC, you will realize its for a reason. Its far superior to a traditional APC. because technically its makeup is not what we would usually categorize it as an APC, its versatility just add's it to the group of what we know as APC's.

While there are other safe and effective APC's on the market, none of them are as versatile imo.

spray your traditional APC on paint in the sun and make a mistake and you will wind up with etched paint. Hell, do everything correctly and it still dulls the paint. also spray it on uncoated metal and make a mistake and tell me how stained it is when all is said and done. Oh, also use it on some fragile leather and see what could potentially happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I hear you, BUT, its the ONLY APC that will touch the paint on expensive cars that I maintain. For cleaning tires and wheel well's I also use a 12 dollar a gallon APC.

3:1 is a fantastic ratio. Its totally safe on leather, unfinished metals and leather, and any automotive surface at full strength as well. It will also safely clean your wheel's of brake dust better than that 100 dollar gallon of wheel gel cleaner.

With OPC your paying for a product that is superior and SAFE everywhere. Considering how reasonably priced OPT products are compared to the rest of the market, when you see the 35 dollar price tag on the OPC, you will realize its for a reason. Its far superior to a traditional APC. because technically its makeup is not what we would usually categorize it as an APC, its versatility just add's it to the group of what we know as APC's.

While there are other safe and effective APC's on the market, none of them are as versatile imo.

spray your traditional APC on paint in the sun and make a mistake and you will wind up with etched paint. Hell, do everything correctly and it still dulls the paint. also spray it on uncoated metal and make a mistake and tell me how stained it is when all is said and done. Oh, also use it on some fragile leather and see what could potentially happen.
    Well put. I used to use a cheaper APC on tires and arches, but for piece of mind and top performance I have switched to Power Clean completely. I totally understand thats not an option for everyone, but it is so effective and safe at 3:1 I think the price point is still profitable for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matth9 View Post
    I did 2:1 for the entire car, and it cleaned the wheel and tires that were destroyed with brake dust and mud
    Even at 2:1?! Impressive! With heavy brake dust, I always use it straight.

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post

YOU SOUND LIKE ME!!!

The only difference, I don't use a cheaper APC on tires and wells, I use OPC.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Oooppss.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Oil eater FTW! 20:1 ratio for coated wheels and tires and it kicks a55. 7:1 cleans the filthiest engine with ease. for $7 you cant go wrong. none of the above is a reason to switch to OPC. unless it deodorizes, that would be cool

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast