autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

costco microfiber towels

i bought a 36 pack of costcos yellow microfiber towels for around $20, ill be using them for interiors and theyve worked pretty well so far.

does anyone use these for exteriors? how are they? any scratching? if i can get away w/ these for exteriors and interiors i wont have to buy anymore for my detailing business:P

Post Thanks / Like

Re: costco microfiber towels

Some have used it for paint, I myself would not and will never use it on glass as they do lint. Seems like different Costco's have different brands.

Post Thanks / Like

If they are the ones I am thinking of, really thin and "course" (compared to the better ones) I wouldnt trust them on paint. They just aren't thick enough to create enough cushion between your hand and the paint. Not to mention the "courseness". But just like everything else, this is just my opinion and you can certainly try them put and see how they do.

If you are looking for some good MF's I may he able to put you in touch with the person I buy the majority of mine from. They are excellent all purpose towels with the ability to buff paint. I just have better ones for that so I use them for interiors and wheels and tires.

She has the best price around. I need to ask her first if she is willing to ship and if the price I get would be the same for you. Its under the table. Sorry, no tax write off.

If interested, PM me and I will talk to her.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup got 2.5 half bags of them (split one bag with a co-worker).

I've used them all over the car and have had NO scratching at all with them. Yes I've seen some lint in the packaging but after the first wash it wasn't a problem.

Just my personal opinion, but it's possible that at one time CostCo had a bad product line and hence now have a bad rap.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Fuller View Post
    If they are the ones I am thinking of, really thin and "course" (compared to the better ones) I wouldnt trust them on paint. They just aren't thick enough to create enough cushion between your hand and the paint. Not to mention the "courseness". But just like everything else, this is just my opinion and you can certainly try them put and see how they do.

If you are looking for some good MF's I may he able to put you in touch with the person I buy the majority of mine from. They are excellent all purpose towels with the ability to buff paint. I just have better ones for that so I use them for interiors and wheels and tires.

She has the best price around. I need to ask her first if she is willing to ship and if the price I get would be the same for you. Its under the table. Sorry, no tax write off.

If interested, PM me and I will talk to her.
    thank you for offering:P i think i might try these towels first, they are not thick but not thin either, they are actually very plush like fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Some have used it for paint, I myself would not and will never use it on glass as they do lint. Seems like different Costco's have different brands.
    i actually just tried a towel on glass and it left no lint whatsoever...interesting. im gonna try them on my car, which is black, and see if theres any scratching or lint but first ill throw them in the wash.

what do you think about these?
    Premium Microfiber Towel 16 x 16

Post Thanks / Like

I use them almost exclusively and have never had an issue with scratching or linting.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pack a while back. I have used them on the exteriors on my cars and I haven't had any issues with them. No scratching or lint problems whatsoever. I also have Sam's MF towels too. They're not as thick and they have scratched my exterior, so I've relegated them to interior cleaning. Just try the Costco towels and see for yourself. They're pretty inexpensive and if you don't like them, you can still use them for the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually they are a decent towel. I did the CD test and there was no scratching with a towel I have used for at least 6 mos. They have held up well after repeated washings.

I have Pak Shak towels and DI towels for drying and paint work, I mainly use the Costco towels for wheels, door jambs and under hood.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

We use them as a general cleaning towel, both interior and exterior. Using them on the exterior is OK as long as you don't have to put a lot of pressure on it. General wiping is OK. When it comes to polishing, we don't use them on paint. They will scratch a freshly polished surface.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah if they scratch then ill reserve them for interiors, but they seem really soft and plush, i doubt theyll scratch. maybe my costco is one of the good ones:P

heres a question, what do you guys wash your microfibers with? the specialzed MF stuff or something like oxiclean?

is oxiclean safe on your foam pads too?

and do you throw all of your microfibers in the same wash together, (the ones used for exterior to buff wax and etc, and the ones for the interior), or do you wash some seperately to prevent any contamination?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast