autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generator... Does it really work?

I have not used a Ozone generator yet. Basically I do not have one because whenever I need one I always use a generator rental. To be honest I already forgot which generator I have used. When I need one I simply tell them what I am planning to do and they provide the right generator for me. Can really recommend these kind of services.

Post Thanks / Like

dyna breeze makes good onestoo

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if ozone generators work (seems like it), but I can tell anyone that you should absolutely NOT be around them, in closed quarters, for very long. I was in a vacant apartment installing U-verse service, had the patio door open while the machine was running and still got a headache. Be careful...

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There is a place here in town that I rent a machine from for $28 a day. I don't get enough funky odored cars to justify buying an Ozone machine

They work great though, but you must clean the interior from top to bottom first
    I have this machine. I have used it only three times but it worked perfectly. The first job paid for it. It got out rotting chicken, cigarette smoke and a funky soccer mom van smells.

AIR PURIFIER COMMERCIAL OZONE GENERATOR MOLD SMOKE NEW MACHINE CLEANER IONIC | eBay

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about the "Electro-Gen Thermal Fogger" using the Thermo-55 chemicals? I am looking into buying one but want to make sure it is worth the purchase. I would be using it for my used car lot with smokers cars and random odors. Any input would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

An old thread, I know, but I am surprised no one mentioned how bad ozone is for rubber. It is very well known (google it and you will find everything from anecdote to research papers) so it is something I certainly would not recommend in your vehicle where there are rubber products everywhere.

For smells etc., my preference is the new breed of biological products - totally safe on all surfaces as well as for the user.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Megane View Post
    An old thread, I know, but I am surprised no one mentioned how bad ozone is for rubber. It is very well known (google it and you will find everything from anecdote to research papers) so it is something I certainly would not recommend in your vehicle where there are rubber products everywhere.

For smells etc., my preference is the new breed of biological products - totally safe on all surfaces as well as for the user.
    I would like to hear more about this new breed of product you speak of
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I would like to hear more about this new breed of product you speak of
    Basically they work on the same principle as enzyme based products of old. The reason these products were previously not successful in the wider market is because enzymes take quite a bit of time to start working - it wasn't chemical timescales, it was biological. Anyway, with time the products have moved on from being purely enzymatic to being biological blends. This means that in addition to the enzymes, there are also all the in-between 'steps' to enable the products to start working much more rapidly.

As far as the basis for functionality, they are basically little biological machines which are programmed for certain jobs. Take smells, for instance - the biological machines will effectively have a 'slot' which fits only certain chemical sequences. So if a sulphurous group (smelly) were to come into contact with the biological, it would fit and then be broken down into something without the smell. If it came into contact with something else, for instance plastics, they would be like square pegs trying to go into a round slot. As a result, these products are really very safe.

One thing is that people may see that there are enzymes and bacteria and that the products are actually 'alive'. In practice there is absolutely nothing pathogenic about the products. The bacteria are totally harmless to us.

The big downside - compared to chemical products, biologicals are much more expensive.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not used this in a car, so I can't speak to the effectiveness for this application. However, I have used this in my house and it was quite a remarkable difference from the before to the after. Since this worked so well for my house, and they sell a product for the car which is based on the same system used in the house, I can't imagine it not doing a good job.

Auto Shocker. Auto SHOCKER Eliminate Third-Hand Smoke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Megane View Post

It is true that ozone deteriorates rubber,particularly natural rubber. Some rubber is more resistant to ozone than others. If you were running an ozone air purifier on a regular basis, this would be a concern. ( I know, because I've done it. It destroyed rubber o rings and speaker cones, but that was after fairly high concentrations for years, indoors)

I do not believe that a large amount of ozone for a handful of times would cause any significant damage to a car's interior components, and I have run ozone in my car maybe 100 times with no noticeable effects on my already 35 year old interior. I believe that using ozone to rid a car of bad smells only occasionally to be not too damaging. The cost/benefit analysis I have performed shows it is worth it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast