autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generator... Does it really work?

Did anyone buy one that worked? If so from WHO and how much I can not seem to find a real company that makes these things and stands by them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kchockey View Post
    Did anyone buy one that worked? If so from WHO and how much I can not seem to find a real company that makes these things and stands by them?

There is a place here in town that I rent a machine from for $28 a day. I don't get enough funky odored cars to justify buying an Ozone machine

They work great though, but you must clean the interior from top to bottom first
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

opie_7afe

yes they do work, work fantastic. and flash most ozone generators for light duty use(such as us detailers who dont use them all day every day) are about 100-150$ after 4 rentals you could have bought one....i would just buy one and not rent because you will need it in the future anyways. as i say, better to have and not need then to need and not have!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and itis the best......my is a commercial unit...it cost over a g....air-zone is the best brand....I remove smoke smell from 10 yrs old..

Post Thanks / Like

Not a pro buthere;s my input. My GF/Wifey works for a fire and flood resto company and last year when we soldher dad's car after he passed we used one of her work ones, a commercial unit) on his car. He death boxed in it for years so the smell was horrendous, so bad his grand kids would not ride in his car. Amazingly after 2 treatments, first for only 15 minutes, second for an hour there was no odor. I ran two cans of clean tire thru the AC system with new filters afterwards and the smell did not return during the process of driving the car around to sell. I did notice some residue onthe interior plastics but did a complete interior detail after, leather had never been cleaned. So ina nutshell they work. Dakotya smoke bomb, baking soda, cough grounds etc did not make a dent in it. On a side note it was so bad that when I did theinterrio glass I had to use IPA full strength and razor blades as the film came off in strips like fruit leather but way thinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a pro but here's my input.

My GF/Wifey works for a fire and flood resto company and last year when we sold her dad's car after he passed we used one of her work ones, a commercial unit, on his car. He death boxed in it for years so the smell was horrendous, so bad his grand kids would not ride in his car. Amazingly after 2 treatments, first for only 15 minutes, second for an hour there was no odor. I ran two cans of clean rite thru the AC system with new filters afterwards and the smell did not return during the process of driving the car around to sell. I did notice some residue on the interior plastics but did a complete interior detail after, leather had never been cleaned. So in a nutshell they work. Dakota smoke bomb, baking soda, cough grounds etc did not make a dent in it. On a side note it was so bad that when I did the interior glass I had to use IPA full strength and razor blades as the film came off in strips like fruit leather but way thinner.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK now that I hear they work can any one recommend a product, manufacture, retailer, internet seems to have a lot of possible rip offs for these products

Post Thanks / Like

Southbeach recommended Air-zone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the FM1 from Detail King (got it when I bought out another detailing company) and will say that I have only used it once on my GFs car that has always had this rank spilled milk, food stinky odor for as long as I've known her -2yrs... Well I ran it on the center console for about 30 minutes and it filled the entire cabin with this gassy smell which is the ozone gas and actually did quite well for about a week... Then the odor reappeared.. Now having read more about there uses next time I have a use for this I would probably venture to run it longer and run the AC for a bit to run the gas throughout the entire system... Does it work, YEP, sure does when done right. I'm confident as it was my first experience with it I just didn't run it long enough and correctly but they are worth it.
    Btw DK polishes suck balzania! Just had to say it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobble View Post
    Not a pro but here's my input.

My GF/Wifey works for a fire and flood resto company and last year when we sold her dad's car after he passed we used one of her work ones, a commercial unit, on his car. He death boxed in it for years so the smell was horrendous, so bad his grand kids would not ride in his car. Amazingly after 2 treatments, first for only 15 minutes, second for an hour there was no odor. I ran two cans of clean rite thru the AC system with new filters afterwards and the smell did not return during the process of driving the car around to sell. I did notice some residue on the interior plastics but did a complete interior detail after, leather had never been cleaned. So in a nutshell they work. Dakota smoke bomb, baking soda, cough grounds etc did not make a dent in it. On a side note it was so bad that when I did the interior glass I had to use IPA full strength and razor blades as the film came off in strips like fruit leather but way thinner.

Thats quite the testimony
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast