autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality Issues with Griot's Stuff?

Hi All,

I hope this is in the right place.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with quality issues with Griot's products? I have a bunch of their stuff that just plain stinks. To start with, their 'Finest Sprayers' are supposed to be adjustable from spray to stream. All I get a stream with lots of dribbling. No adjustment has given me a spray. If this was one one sprayer, I'd say it was a bad sprayer. This happening across all 4-5 that I have.

Also, they claim that their microfiber cloths are the best and I have followed their instruction on cleaning them and 4 have started to fall apart after just 1 wash. I had emailed them and they claim that I may have a bad batch so I re-ordered a couple of the ones that were falling apart and guess what? They too are falling apart after 1 wash and again, I am following their directions every step of the way..

I need to get rid of their sprayers though so I was wondering if anyone can suggest sprayers that are better or better yet, suggest bottles that are better.

Thanks in advance,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quality Issues with Griot's Stuff?

Poorboy's has great chemical resistant sprayers. I am pretty sure AG sells the same ones too. I had no luck with the only Griot's purchase that I made. As much as they charge for stuff, all their stuff should be top notch. I chose not to try again. Also, the best micro fiber towels that I have used are from Poorboy's too. DMT towels

Post Thanks / Like

I have found Griots to stand behind their products. They have either replaced or refunded for me. This seems to be one of Richard Griots business principles. Call them and have them make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Just go to Sam's club and get the 32oz spray bottles and a pack of M/F towels....
    Cianfrocca's Auto Detailing LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Si View Post
    I have found Griots to stand behind their products. They have either replaced or refunded for me. This seems to be one of Richard Griots business principles. Call them and have them make it right.

X2 with Griot's customer service. I can't say I was overwhelmed with every one of their products, but their service has been absolutely first rate.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one spray nozzle that likes to dribble but it does give me a fine spray or a stream.

All of their stuff (except maybe their clay) has done as well or better than other products I've tried. Also, their customer service is top notch. Any hardware item (brushes, sprayers, etc) they will replace no questions asked. I do suppose though that this is an easier option for me as I live 10 minutes from their flagship store.
    Jeff C.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I agree that their customer service is great BUT what a waste of time for me to drive to their store which well over an hour each way with traffic or shipping back and forth. It gets expensive after awhile. I think I will just take their stuff that's giving me headaches and just send it back and suck up the shipping costs...

Thanks all,

Post Thanks / Like

I sucked it up and sprung for the kwazar sprayers and they are awesome. Totally worth the money IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity, what are the products that are giving you hassles?
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    X2 with Griot's customer service. I can't say I was overwhelmed with every one of their products, but their service has been absolutely first rate.

Given the cost of their products I expect them to rise above most if not all of the over the counter products but that has not been my experience.

Even though Autogeek sells Griot's products for the same money I can do a whole lot better with several of their other brands.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast