autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is more aggressive: UC or SIP/PO203S?

Which is more aggressive if used with the PCXP and orange pad on non-ceramic clear coat paint? I have both, but I have never, nor could I, compare the two side by side to determine which is more aggressive.

I need to order some mid-high aggressive polish. I think Ultimate Compound used with the DA gives acceptable correction power. Acceptable, but nothing dramatic. I want to use something more expensive and can be used with the rotary. I don't like the way UC behaves on some paint. UC seems to behave very differently on different types of paints.

I understand that one is SMAT and the other is Diminishing Abrasive, but subjectively speaking, which is more aggressive generally speaking from YOUR experience? UC or SIP/PO203S?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which is more aggressive: UC or SIP/PO203S?

Ultimate Compound cuts more, hands-down.

Mike Phillips

Re: Which is more aggressive: UC or SIP/PO203S?

If you want something more aggressive than Ultimate Compound for times when you really want some cutting power get a bottle of XMT #4, this stuff is like sand in a bottle yet the swirls it leaves behind buff out fairly easy. One thing for sure, it cuts very fast.

As for your question, Topcoat Hardness is such a huge factor when it comes to removing defects out of paint and a variable that's going to be wildly different among many of the cars you work on.

M105 is rated at removing #1200 Grit Sanding marks out of FRESH paint, (don't want any one to miss the word FRESH as this product is targeted at "Body Shops" , not enthusiasts.

UC is less aggressive but still pretty aggressive in context of products available for removing below surface defects.

Here's the Menzerna Chart with a reference for what each product can remove as far at grit range of sanding marks.

Menzerna-Chart