autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay, which hot water extractor?

mytee 6 gal here ...i bought it when i started and ive never regretted it

Post Thanks / Like

For my needs I think the Little Green Bissell will suffice. But if I ever do need an HWE I'll remember to go with the Aztek.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually put a thread out about this a few weeks ago. heres my thoughts on the LGM. I have one and if you are doing anything more than your own vehicles DON"T BUY IT!
    Here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
    Price $100-$200 dollars with solution
    Light weight
    Very easy to use
    it does a decent Job
    Good for a home owner doing his own vehicles
    Cons:
    resevoirs are small Less than half a gallon big vehicles or very dirty interior will require multiple fills and emptys
    the hose is short 2-3 feet you have to put the machine almost in the car for certain cleaning (very annoying)
    sprayer switch is poor, I have had to take the handle assy apart to fix it several times and it still doesnt work right!

I have this peice of equipment and I plan to buy a pro grade machine as soon as I can afford it I wouldn't recommend spending the money save your $$ till you can get one of the better machines unless you are only doing 1 or 2 cars a year
    ~Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOlmsted View Post
    I actually put a thread out about this a few weeks ago. heres my thoughts on the LGM. I have one and if you are doing anything more than your own vehicles DON"T BUY IT!
    Here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
    Price $100-$200 dollars with solution
    Light weight
    Very easy to use
    it does a decent Job
    Good for a home owner doing his own vehicles
    Cons:
    resevoirs are small Less than half a gallon big vehicles or very dirty interior will require multiple fills and emptys
    the hose is short 2-3 feet you have to put the machine almost in the car for certain cleaning (very annoying)
    sprayer switch is poor, I have had to take the handle assy apart to fix it several times and it still doesnt work right!

I have this peice of equipment and I plan to buy a pro grade machine as soon as I can afford it I wouldn't recommend spending the money save your $$ till you can get one of the better machines unless you are only doing 1 or 2 cars a year
    ~Dave
    Thanks for the honest answer Dave! I did alot of research before I purchased my Aztec. I am glad I made the correct purchase.Thanks to the good advise here on AG!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Aztec and the bissell extractor. The Aztec's water pump went out and I needed something as a backup extractor on detail jobs. So I bought the bissell, and it works ok, but it sucks to use it on a daily basis. So, I bought a new pump for my aztec(about $40), and put it on and have not had any other problems with it as of yet. I used to work for a Dodge dealer in the detail department and our boss would buy these bissell machines for us to use, but they would break down in 3-5 months. And we would just get a new one, not sure why he just did not invest in a professional extractor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12