autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Suggestions to Avoid Water Spots

You could check out McKee's SIO2 car wash. They promote it as being able to dry in the sun, then rinse off without water spotting. Still, you would probably need to waterless wash the roof (Instead of rinsing) and then work around the vehicle - rinsing and drying as you go. The Sun is a pain.

ONR is supposed to condition water to lessen water spotting. Maybe use a higher concentration (1-2 ounces per gallon). Once again, I think McKee's says n914 will do the same and it cleans really well. Up the concentration for more cleaning power.

Maybe consider setting up a cheap filter system. $20 RV filter or self made bead system would clean the water some. Everything counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    How does ECH20 work as a drying aide?
    Good. It is streaky using on a dry car but when using as a drying the water left on vehicle dilutes it and it adds decent lubricity. Good value with it’s dilution ratio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Good. It is streaky using on a dry car but when using as a drying the water left on vehicle dilutes it and it adds decent lubricity. Good value with it’s dilution ratio

Streaky? What dilution are you using. The of of the biggest reason I use ECH2O is I've never had streaks. I use it a 1:20 and in warm weather it's wipe on/off for me and probably one of the easiest products I've ever used. In cooler weather it takes a second wipe off pass, but I've never experienced streaks like I have with other products like Cure, Elixr, or Wolfgang's SIO2 detail spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Streaky? What dilution are you using. The of of the biggest reason I use ECH2O is I've never had streaks. I use it a 1:20 and in warm weather it's wipe on/off for me and probably one of the easiest products I've ever used. In cooler weather it takes a second wipe off pass, but I've never experienced streaks like I have with other products like Cure, Elixr, or Wolfgang's SIO2 detail spray.
    I’ve tried pretty much every dilution (including 1:20). It needs a second towel every time. I don’t use as waterless but more like QD. I want it off in one pass like Griots Speed shine or Megs Ceramic detailer.

It’s good as a rinseless and drying aid tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. That is really strange. I use it only as a QD and never had a problem until it gets below 50F. In fact, I last used it weekend in temps around the upper 60's to wipe down my doors before attaching my magnetic numbers. Sprayed it on, wiped it right off. No fuss, no mess.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Product Suggestions to Avoid Water Spots

Interesting. That is really strange. I use it only as a QD and never had a problem until it gets below 50F. In fact, I last used it weekend in temps around the upper 60's to wipe down my doors before attaching my magnetic numbers. Sprayed it on, wiped it right off. No fuss, no mess.
    Not really strange, It’s known to streak.

Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Issue with ech2o and reload as drying aid

Some seems to work great... some it streaks for. Still a decent product but not as mindless as Megs CQD and Ceramic Speedshine.

As long as a gallon of Ceramic Speedshine will last me this will probably be my new go to.

I think the megs beads better but the Speedshine looks better.

Glad the Ech20 works well for you.

I’ll use up my gallon as a rinseless and pre soak.

Also when first using Ech20 i used it more as a weekly sealant lite(?). Used it as merlin mix and didn’t mind using 2 towels to spread then remove.

As i a little lazy i really don’t like to do all that after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Some products just don't play well with each other. I haven't had the issue that Hambo had and I live in the same area. I recall he had issues with Adams CS3 where I did not. So there is always in a difference in someone's process.

What some people don't realize is that ech2o is not designed for protection. It is a gloss enhancement product. Any product will leave some type of beading as it changes the surface tension. Which is why Elixir was created to leave protection.

Reload is known to streak especially if it is heavily used. The same goes for the use of Elixir.

8. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You might be able to contact your local auto wash chemical supplier. See of they can set you up with a dying agent. I had hard water at my tunnel wash, and my supplier set me up with a dying agent formulated for hard water.

Outside of that, for bad cars I spray Optimum Power Clean on the paint and wheels, power wash that off, and do an ONR wash.

I don't currently even own any car wash soap at this time (I will have CarPro Reset on hand for cars coated with their coatings.).

Post Thanks / Like

2. I'll give it a quick wipe down with a QD spray or a waterless wash diluted to a QD ratio..
    Are these waterless washes that specify QD dilution ratios, or are you just experimenting to find a ratio that works as a QD? (if the latter, what ratios are you using?)

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    What about incorporating rinseless washing into you repertoire where you wash and dry each section as you go? Rinseless washes are safe when done right though maybe not on the dirtiest of vehicles. But if you have a dirty vehicle, you could use Frothe or just copy Frothe’s rolling of a towel to clean a dirty section such that a side of a towel touches the panel minimally. This is one of the reasons I like rinseless washing as a windy or hot day will not leave spots as often happens with a normal wash.
    +1 I finally got on the rinseless train and I'll never go back to a traditional wash/dry process. I had my paint coated with Opti Seal and I just use Optimum No Rinse Wash&Wax. Everytime I use ONRWW it adds a layer of Carnuba Wax.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast