autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mixing Cquartz and ExoV4

Well, that is disheartening. I don’t have any miles at all on it. It’s fresh. I don’t particularly care about surface slickness, or at least it’s not the priority. My concern is that it is a sign that something went wrong. I basically experienced the same thing on the other car that I tested it on. Gliss by itself was slick and nice feeling. But when i put it over the UK it’s just so so.Certainly closer to grabby than slick. And like it said, you can tell a notable difference between reload and gliss. The reload is slicker and I know that shouldn’t be. Just don’t understand what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    And the results of UK3.0 and Gliss on my car were (past tense) very slick.
    I think slickness from anything applied to the surface of a vehicle is the first thing to dissipate. So long as the products do their job of protection, I’m good.

Gliss did an excellent job of preventing sprinkler water spots from etching the coating.

That’s all I got. Your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps your bottle is too old. I can’t recall when you bought it.

Also Gliss is wipe on wipe off as soon as it hazes somewhat white.

Something to consider on why to use Gliss and forget about reload. Reload is not that good anyway and there are hints of a new formula being announced during the SEMA time frame.

Elixir is the way to go for maintenance. Even the CarPro rep told me to stick with Elixir.

3. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased it so I don’t think it’s an age issue.

QUOTE=The Guz;1692701]Perhaps your bottle is too old. I can’t recall when you bought it.

Also Gliss is wipe on wipe off as soon as it hazes somewhat white.

Something to consider on why to use Gliss and forget about reload. Reload is not that good anyway and there are hints of a new formula being announced during the SEMA time frame.

Elixir is the way to go for maintenance. Even the CarPro rep told me to stick with Elixir.

[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would follow up with my gliss saga. Over the weekend I had a chance to play with Gliss on a section of my wife's Pilot. Keeping in mind that the humidity was certainly up over the weekend that I did the Camaro. I played with different application methods and product quantity but the single biggest factor was flash time. Call me stupid but I just haven't found the white haze very obvious. I see more of the rainbow effect than the haze. Anyway, I found that if I waited about 2:30-3:00 minutes, netted the best result. That seems like a VERY long flash time compared to what I have read and seen about Gliss.

But, it came out awesome. My wife even commented this morning that the test area on her Pilot "Feels like butter". I am very happy with the results. Just surprised I had to let it sit that long. When I tried to wipe it at say 40 seconds, it came out sticky feeling, just like my Camaro.

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123